Cracked Front Emblem

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Cracked Front Emblem 20210723_194056

Welp, so this happened 2 months into ownership. just saw this after work today.

anyone know how much is the OEM emblem gonna cost?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
$40-50.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
20210723_194056.jpg

Welp, so this happened 2 months into ownership. just saw this after work today.

anyone know how much is the OEM emblem gonna cost?
I'd just ignore it, happened on my Type R - but the problem with the emblem isn't the price - it's taking off the entire front bumper to get it replaced. Honestly you can barely see it unless you're RIGHT up on it.

We're driving cars at absurd speeds with flying debris lol - things will happen. Mine was a much bigger crack, but again, if you can't see it from 5-10 feet away - don't sweat it when it comes to cars - you'll just go insane.

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd just ignore it, happened on my Type R - but the problem with the emblem isn't the price - it's taking off the entire front bumper to get it replaced. Honestly you can barely see it unless you're RIGHT up on it.

We're driving cars at absurd speeds with flying debris lol - things will happen. Mine was a much bigger crack, but again, if you can't see it from 5-10 feet away - don't sweat it when it comes to cars - you'll just go insane.
wait u have to take off the entire bumper? I've seen video where they just heat gun and slowly remove it off. why the entire front bumper?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
wait u have to take off the entire bumper? I've seen video where they just heat gun and slowly remove it off. why the entire front bumper?
I must have not found that video when I was looking to change mine out lol. I thought it had a small nut holding it on from the back. I'd probably still leave it but if it bugs you and an easy fix the emblems are available. I do think that thing is a rock magnet though, JUST the emblem!

Good luck share how you fix it if you go that route :)

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I must have not found that video when I was looking to change mine out lol. I thought it had a small nut holding it on from the back. I'd probably still leave it but if it bugs you and an easy fix the emblems are available. I do think that thing is a rock magnet though, JUST the emblem!

Good luck share how you fix it if you go that route :)
haha I feel u! I'm ordering and picking up a new oem badge next week just to have the ease of mind

and yeah I just saw people doing it without removing the bumper, just need to heat it and have patience.

but u are right. I am not gonna change it right a way. will let it get damaged until it's an eye sore then I'll replace it?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You do not have the remove the bumper. Having done this on my 10th gen coupe and sport touring. It will probably be easier and cleaner. But you can get it done just the same. The tabs will be broken on old emblem.
Sponsored