CPO - Lx Same Price or Cheaper than Ex

Snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm looking at some CPO Civic Sedan Lx and Ex online. Why is it that an Ex is sometimes the same price as an Lx when the year, mileage is the same? I would obviously expect it to be higher. I want the Ex if the price is the same but I'm skeptical because of the price.
Sponsored

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Smokers car, accident history, previous rental, city driven vs highway driven, extensive reconditioning, hidden fees... the list goes on. No two used cars are the same. Sometimes a lower price is offered but you have to go through a dealers in-house financing to get it. Do your research and make an informed decision. Good luck :)

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If the LX and EX are priced the same at the same dealer there must be something about the EX that is lowering its price

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Likely due to some damage done, multiple owners, etc. Something typically must be wrong with that EX. Check the carfax, and see.

OP
OP

Snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I've looked at a handful of other dealerships and the average price of an Ex seems to be $16k across dealerships so maybe there isn't a "catch".

At the dealerships with a handful of used Ex models, the Lx models are typically in the low to mid $15k range (so about $500-1000 cheaper than the Ex). Maybe I was being to skeptical.
Sponsored