First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dealership would replace your battery for free if you’re still in a bumper to bumper still. Batteries are supposed to last 5 years.
Sadly I'm just barely out....Of course. :(
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you have a vehicle and the battery may be losing its luster.
So you have paint that chips.
So you have an A/C problem.
Whatever the issue or problem is there are warranties that cover them. If the warranty is out of tolerance, then maintenance is up to you.
Choose a vehicle that you are 100% satisfied with. Do your research. Be absolutely positive about that decision.
I dunno if this was directed at me, but FWIW, I absolutely love my civic. It's so fun, gets great MPG's, is quite peppy, and looks great. I'm just disappointed in the quality Honda put into these these civics. My 2009 Odyssey is rock solid at 200k miles! No battery issues, no A/C issues, it just works! Sadly the same can't be said for my much newer civic.

jsharon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dunno if this was directed at me, but FWIW, I absolutely love my civic. It's so fun, gets great MPG's, is quite peppy, and looks great. I'm just disappointed in the quality Honda put into these these civics. My 2009 Odyssey is rock solid at 200k miles! No battery issues, no A/C issues, it just works! Sadly the same can't be said for my much newer civic.
I have a 2012 honda pilot ex-l and the thing runs like new the only failure I had was the alternator at 100k a few months ago but it was the original one. I've done all the work myself so its cost me very little in parts since it was bought new. Just want to put it out there that I towed a trailer that weighed just around 4800 pounds which is just over the towing capacity of the pilot so that probably contributed to the failure. I have 35k towing miles on it.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2019 and almost always take short drives and I have a whopping 3k miles on it. I've had Netflix and Videos playing on the head unit while parked with lights on at meets for hours often times a half mile from my home. I've yet to encounter any battery issues. I also don't have any aftermarket audio, this was the only time I ever had a battery issue with any car when I was adding in audio that was aftermarket. Every battery will be different than the next but as a general rule a battery should last 5 years on an average, and I also have mine garaged and doesn't really see any drastic changes beyond hot and cold garage temps. If it's raining or snowing out it's highly unusual I would take my car out unless I had an appointment for service or mods.
Sponsored