Covid-19 effect: speeding

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it’s crazy how empty the roads are here over in jersey. People average about 80-90mph on the turnpike and I’ve only seen 2 people pulled over since the start of quarantine.

been taking advantage of the roads every day that I can ??
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
FIFY, man. lol :p

1911.jpg
Dang, what mods did you do for that??? Was it the option Type R jet packs? I knew I should’ve financed those!!!!:lol:

And look! No over heating issues!!!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Dang, what mods did you do for that??? Was it the option Type R jet packs? I knew I should’ve financed those!!!!:lol:

And look! No over heating issues!!!

I don't know....:dunno:
I originally bought these stickers on Amazon and put them next to each exhaust tip because people kept tailgating me.... :cry: But then I noticed this unbelievable power boost, nobody can keep up even if they try..... Recommended.

Honda Civic 10th gen Covid-19 effect: speeding jetblast.JPG

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: yesterday I witnessed two BMW flyby incident on the highway. First was an older gen black M5 (mid 2005-2007?) nearly come to a stop ON THE HWY then floor it and passed me (going about 75) easily triple digits. I was expecting to see a bad wreck ahead but thankfully none occurred.
The second was a white M4 that came outta no where and I suspect was trying to bait me into running with it. I came upon a cluster of cars and I stepped on it to pass thru on left lane. Was doing maybe 78-80 but backed off quickly after I passed and changed outta the passing lane when I hear and see the M4 come from my right hauling ass. Shockingly I see it’s turn signal and jackhole gets in my lane and sorta break checks me. Then speeds off again. Eff that. I was just trying to get to work.

Be safe out there y’all.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure how it is elsewhere in the states, but over here in Nj traffic is picking up at least in my area. Glad that I enjoyed the completely empty highways while I could.. probably no other time in my life where nyc freeways and the Nj turnpike are almost empty on a sunny day.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m kinda wondering what was the other car he was speeding with? Just curious...

FK7DEMON

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Someone ran a red light well after it turned red. They almost hit two cars, but luckily the two cars saw them coming and stopped.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Yeah, with all the alleged insanity and how dangerous it is out there, I'm getting money back from my auto insurance, because they made so much extra money on the huge drop of the number of claims.

There is no doubt the risk of losing my life or limb or property by driving every day, which normally is substantial, (much higher than from all infectious diseases taken together) is the lowest now. It was newer lower in my life.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, especially in Jacksonville, FL. I tend to do a little over the speed limit but when I’m merging onto the highway from an on ramp, I put my sport mode on and vroom vroom, I’m off like a bandit. But I have notice that there have been less people getting pulled over. Hell, I’ve driven past a cop doing 5-10 over and they don’t seem to care lol now as far as FHP (FL highway patrol) that might be a whole different story.

but honestly it doesn’t really affect me because I barely go anywhere. I’m working remotely from home. So I’m okay with that! But I do want to get out every once in a while.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know....:dunno:
I originally bought these stickers on Amazon and put them next to each exhaust tip because people kept tailgating me.... :cry: But then I noticed this unbelievable power boost, nobody can keep up even if they try..... Recommended.

jetblast.JPG
Please post pictures! I want to see! Lol