Cover/Fill Si Sedan Spoiler Holes?

Danger2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (red)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everybody, I am upgrading from the stock Si Sedan spoiler and buying the Type-R spoiler off ebay. The only problem is, I have to cover up the old holes left over. If I were to get plugs, what size are the holes? Also, is there any other cheap solution other than plugs?
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious how this is going to look. Seems like it will be to big for the sedan.

Dead_pool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’d like to see pictures of it installed and pictures of the holes from the original spoiler .

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Since the TypeR is a hatchback and the SI is a sedan I do not believe the actual TypeR spoiler will fit correctly. Pretty sure there are lots of options from 3rd party as knock off and look alike designs.

In any case...try to find a sedan owner without a spoiler and just do a trunk swap. That was pretty popular back when I was a WRX owner.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been trying to determine what to do with the spoiler on my Si Sedan, since as far as I can tell it's not really doing much for downforce lift. I don't have an image of my car but the below picture shows it pretty well. The Sedan spoiler is attached to the trunk via a long strip of material, effectively preventing any air from traveling under the wing except at the very tips.

I honestly don't know how this can possibly benefit the aerodynamics of the vehicle, but I'm honestly torn on whether or not I should simply do a spoiler delete or perhaps find an aftermarket option.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cover/Fill Si Sedan Spoiler Holes? si sedan spoiler

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I've been trying to determine what to do with the spoiler on my Si Sedan, since as far as I can tell it's not really doing much for downforce lift. I don't have an image of my car but the below picture shows it pretty well. The Sedan spoiler is attached to the trunk via a long strip of material, effectively preventing any air from traveling under the wing except at the very tips.

I honestly don't know how this can possibly benefit the aerodynamics of the vehicle, but I'm honestly torn on whether or not I should simply do a spoiler delete or perhaps find an aftermarket option.

si sedan spoiler.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071XM7JD8/ref=psdcmw_240254011_t2_B077S4H3QP

But find someone to trunk swap with first

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am not a fan of it. I prefer a small spoiler. Coming from owning a WRX and EVOX I have had spoilers as large as I can stand. The stock SI spoiler looks fine to me. If I was intending to change it I would do a trunk swap, junk yards have them up on eBay for 300-500, possibly could find a better deal locally. Then maybe get the aftermarket coupe style 3rd brakelight spoiler.

Personally I prefer spending money on "go" not "show" though my LED lights may say otherwise... but driving through NJ back roads full of deer their wide beams are a huge improvement.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

si sedan spoiler.png
I’ve been eyeing this spoiler, seems similar to the coupe wing but a little more aggressive and carbon fiber. The type r wing seems a bit too big for me although I’ve seen some look great on sedans.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...iler-2016-2017-honda-civic-sedan-rs16hdcv4-gt

Honda Civic 10th gen Cover/Fill Si Sedan Spoiler Holes? F4C08ACB-B8F9-4698-A900-55D0E2676BEF

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking for an answer the OP is requesting as well (spoiler plugs/caps). Looking at a coupe style LED bar (smoked).
Honda Civic 10th gen Cover/Fill Si Sedan Spoiler Holes? 385-01122017-4

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm looking for an answer the OP is requesting as well (spoiler plugs/caps). Looking at a coupe style LED bar (smoked).
385-01122017-4.jpg
Interesting emblem on the back.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been eyeing this spoiler, seems similar to the coupe wing but a little more aggressive and carbon fiber. The type r wing seems a bit too big for me although I’ve seen some look great on sedans.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...iler-2016-2017-honda-civic-sedan-rs16hdcv4-gt

F4C08ACB-B8F9-4698-A900-55D0E2676BEF.png
Dang, this looks like it might be just right for the sedan and would probably look great on my red. Would love to see this on one. Also telling from the price and appearance it looks like a well built part that will actually help with high speed performance on the track.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang, this looks like it might be just right for the sedan and would probably look great on my red. Would love to see this on one. Also telling from the price and appearance it looks like a well built part that will actually help with high speed performance on the track.
Yea I really want to see one before I buy it myself, but once I get my intercooler and tires that wing may be next regardless.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates on removing the si sedan spoiler? I’m pretty sure I saw someone say that it isn’t drilled and it’s only held down by adhesive
Sponsored