Couple audio system questions

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just a couple of quick questions:

1) Is there any way to stop the voice command from reading the instructions every time you activate it and just go directly to listening for a command? It's fairly annoying having to press the button a second time or wait until it's gone through its speach on what it can do.

2) Has anyone else had it happen where they activate Siri through Bluetooth (CarPlay not activated) and once you're done with the function, the system returns you to Bluetooth audio instead of whatever source you had previously selected?
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
1) I'd start with Verbal Reminder and Voice Prompt (OP p 325):
Honda Civic 10th gen Couple audio system questions upload_2016-1-8_11-49-31

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
Just a couple of quick questions:

1) Is there any way to stop the voice command from reading the instructions every time you activate it and just go directly to listening for a command? It's fairly annoying having to press the button a second time or wait until it's gone through its speach on what it can do.

2) Has anyone else had it happen where they activate Siri through Bluetooth (CarPlay not activated) and once you're done with the function, the system returns you to Bluetooth audio instead of whatever source you had previously selected?
Reply to #2: Yes
I was wondering if others were experiencing this too.

OP
OP

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
1) I'd start with Verbal Reminder and Voice Prompt (OP p 325):
Knew it was one of those settings, much appreciated. Have to say that I was fairly impressed by the cars ability to recognize speech. Since you can't enter in addresses by text while the car is moving, I had to resort to speech. Just blurted out the entire address and it got it right on the first try, which considering the town names around here, isn't as easy as one might expect.
Sponsored