Coupe vs Sedan

Deleted member

Since I haven't seen it mentioned thus far: the coupe has a lower ride height and has a lower center of gravity than the sedan so handling is better. The coupe's spoiler is bolted on while the sedan spoiler is held on by adhesive.

Most posts you see are going to revolve around the same theme: sedan is more practical while coupe is more sporty. More room in the back seats vs better appearance.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Although I prefer the sedan, the coupes seem to be a tad bit faster in a straight line by about .1 seconds in the 0-60 and 1/4mile. Maybe the slight difference in weight?

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have kids.

Sedan wins, heh.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Although I prefer the sedan, the coupes seem to be a tad bit faster in a straight line by about .1 seconds in the 0-60 and 1/4mile. Maybe the slight difference in weight?
Really? I don't think your butt dyno will be able to feel that lol.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Since the Si Sedan sells more, do you think they will stop offering the Coupe version like they did with the Accord?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Since the Si Sedan sells more, do you think they will stop offering the Coupe version like they did with the Accord?
I really hope not.

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The durability and design of the coupe’s spoiler is better than the sedans. On the sides of the sedan spoiler is held up by flimsy tape that keeps tearing causing the spoiler to be loose and leak water into the trunk. This will be my 3rd trip to the dealer for that. Coupe edges out the sedan for that.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I went with Coupe for the look. I have kids too and even though sedan is more practical But 90+% of the time it will be just me commuting to work, I wouldn't pick sedan for just that less than 10% of the time.

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we had a bmw 3er coupe in the family, it was a beautiful car and we had another 4 door car in case we needed, so it was ok. But there was one thing that made its use annoying each and every time: the doors were very very long so it needed a lot of space to be able to open them enough to get in and out, which was impossible in the center of Rome....

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
2 kids = Sidan, thank you Honda for making the Si in Sedan form.

OP
OP
Leef

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda's market research indicates the sedan will outsell the coupe by an expected ratio of something like 2:1. So if that holds ore even changes somewhat, I would imagine they'd simply adjust production accordingly. But really, I'm just speculating. All I know for sure is that I cast a long, expensive ballot for the coupe 3 days ago. No regrets. And if they discontinue it, then I also have a future classic. :)

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe e38 bmw toyota fj60 triumph tr6 and 2 more
Country flag
I bought the coupe. I like curve of the door frames and the back end. I also own 3 sedans and a fj60 and the kids are now adults. I do like the taillights on the sedan but mine are growing on me. I'm a bit older and stats wise it's similar to my first new car which was an 1989 ford probe gt. The probe had a 2.2 litre turbocharged 3 valve per cylinder inter-cooled power plant with ride control via electric dampers!....all courtesy of mazda. Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago also hard to believe is the purchase price of the 18 si was only 6,000 bucks more than the probe was in 89

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda's market research indicates the sedan will outsell the coupe by an expected ratio of something like 2:1.
I assure you the sedan outsells the coupe by a ratio far greater than 2:1.

"Honda won’t sell the new ’17 Civic 2-door in big numbers. Officials here for a media test drive say they expect deliveries to remain at 40,000-50,000 units annually, maybe a bit more. That’s only about 15% of Civic’s overall volume." - http://wardsauto.com/test-drives/honda-s-civic-disobedience-bucking-us-coupe-market-trend

"Honda projects the Si variant will account for 3%-4% of total Civic sedan sales annually and that 20%-25% of all Civic coupes sold will be Sis. In the ’15 model year, 6.3% of the 413,931 Civics assembled in North America were Sis, WardsAutoinstallation data shows." - http://wardsauto.com/test-drives/civic-si-affordable-fun?page=2

OP
OP
Leef

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag