First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While Honda has had my EX-T coupe for the last week, they gave me a lower trim sedan to use. I never really thought about just how many features I have in my car, but after not having it, I'm really missing a lot of them.
One thing I noticed, and these are just my opinions so I don't want any sedan owners getting all mad,lol, but the ride in the sedan is no where near as comfortable as my coupe. It feels a lot bumpier, and stiff,and it doesn't corner as well. That's to be expected though.
Its also a lot harder for me to get into the sedan. I'm disabled and put my arm on my seat as I'm dropping into it, due to the seat being pushed back behind the pillar on the sedan, I can't do that and feel like I'm just falling into the car.
The other thing,and I'm not sure if this is a sedan vs coupe thing or the lower trim,but I have pulls on my doors other than the handles built into the armrests, and when the door is fully opened, they are way easier to grab, my poor wife who is all of 5"2 with little arms, has to reach way out of the car to get hold of the armrests in this sedan,lol.
I always wanted the coupe anyway, and for me, I'm glad we did go with it. The wife wanted the sedan at first due to the rear doors for the grandkids,but she's glad we got the coupe now that she's had a chance to ride in the sedan for a while.
One slight advantage of the sedan, is that the doors are a bit shorter and it was a little easier to open them farther when someone is parked beside me. Not much, but a little.
Sedan also seems to have a deeper trunk.
Sponsored

Reactions: jms
OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is not related to the coupe vs. sedan, but does anyone else constantly kick the lower door panel by there the front of the cup holder and speaker is ? I have marks from hitting it with my foot getting in and out of the car
Yes,my wife is forever doing this leaving marks all over it within minutes of me cleaning it,lol

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
This is not related to the coupe vs. sedan, but does anyone else constantly kick the lower door panel by there the front of the cup holder and speaker is ? I have marks from hitting it with my foot getting in and out of the car
Yep, me too. And the fact that the coupe doors seem like they're 10 ft. long and you can't open them completely in an average parking lot, mine get a lot of marks.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is also getting major scuffs, I've been considering these from Aliexpress HERE.
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs. Sedan Accessories-Anti-Kick-Pad-Car-Door-Guard-Plate-Cover-Trim-Decoration-for-HONDA-Civic.jpg_640x640

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The weak link in the sedan's handling are the crappy Firestone OEM tires. Since I added the Ultra Racing FSB it does feel a bit more planted and when I get my Si rear bar installed, it should handle even better. But those tires are pretty lousy.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The weak link in the sedan's handling are the crappy Firestone OEM tires. Since I added the Ultra Racing FSB it does feel a bit more planted and when I get my Si rear bar installed, it should handle even better. But those tires are pretty lousy.
I don't know much about tires, but I didn't get firestones " mine. They are continentals. I don't know if they are garbage or not, but they have been ok in the snow so far.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have the EX sedan, the Firestones are not the best. Next set I get after these get worn out are Michelins. I've found Michelins to be the best overall. Bridgestones aren't too bad. Wasn't a fan of Yokohamas.