mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I was actually having some buyers remorse recently... I have the sedan because of all the reasons listed above, but to me personally the coupe just looks so much better (especially the rear bumper)
Thanks for your post. I never saw a 2007 Si Coupe before and I thought it has the large fake vents in the rear bumper, just like the sedan. I just checked Honda site and confirmed. Yes, IMO, the coupe looks a lot better than the sedan.
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I want to see (like a boss) more colors and a good MMC of the sedan and coupe. The white coupe looks good.

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I bounced around between the coupe and the sedan

The only benefit to the coupe is styling.

I chose the sedan
I felt the coupe was too cramped for my liking. I often do designated driver duties and hated having to cramp people in my previous coupe. Sedan all the way bud;)

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You let drunk people in your civic si!? just playing

Coupe styling wins hands down for me. however Zroger73's comment about the doors being shorter on the sedan are absolutely spot on. To add to his comment: the coupe doors feel much longer and they have a weird set of indentations when you open them, the first one hits when the door is not open very far at all, leading you to push it open more but the 2nd indentation is too far and more times than not in a parking lot will open into the car next to you (if there was one there) so you have to watch it.

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You let drunk people in your civic si!? just playing

Coupe styling wins hands down for me. however Zroger73's comment about the doors being shorter on the sedan are absolutely spot on. To add to his comment: the coupe doors feel much longer and they have a weird set of indentations when you open them, the first one hits when the door is not open very far at all, leading you to push it open more but the 2nd indentation is too far and more times than not in a parking lot will open into the car next to you (if there was one there) so you have to watch it.
Guilty as charged. Only if they are in normal drunk levels. Don't need no accidento in da civic! And yet another reason I didn't want the coupe. But, both of them are beautiful (again beauty in the eye of beholder). I honestly think that the design of civicx has been heavily criticized. Owning one, I am probably biased towards it. But, I wouldn't call it ugly or hideous as some have prompted to call this vehicle. I feel it's a vehicle of its time with a few positives in the looks and a few negatives(not enough to win the title of an ugly car). But, what do I know ? It's not like you are paying a million dollars for a civic. You are playing in the baby junior league.

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
Biggest thing for me? The lack of height adjustment on the shoulder belt on the coupe. WHAT THE F Honda. I adjusted that shoulder belt like 6-7 times on my test drive. Why does the sedan have it, but not on the coupe?

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
The sedan can pass for a bigger more mature car. More car and space fore your money. From a sporty looks perspective.. The couple all the way. It's a dope little whip. Plus it's small and maneuverable like my old gsr. Since I wouldn't be able to have both.. I'd have to go with the coupe in blue, red, white or silver

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I got the coupe because as a young guy I like the sort of aggressive look it has compared to the sedan. The sedans spoiler is just sad.

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I guess I'm in the minority in actually liking the sedans spoiler lol. But in all honesty I got the sedan for personal reasons, that and when I bought my 9th gen si I regretted it so bad that I chose the coupe over sedan back then, but as I got older things changed and so did my needs. That's why this time I chose the sedan. The only thing I hate about the sedan spoiler is that stuff tends to just sit there instead of flying off the back, leaves and such. And like others mentioned the sedans rear bumper is it's sore spot in my opinion, it's not as flowing as the coupes, the exhaust looks like it goes so well with the bumper whereas the sedan looks like it's just kinda hanging there, and the infamous black vent things. But as time goes on I really do love the car, more and more everyday and don't regret my decision this time one bit.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I too prefer the spoiler on the sedan.

Much more subdued, don't like the plastic pylons on the coupe.

I do like the monolithic tail light on the coupe though

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Didn't notice the sedan had a spoiler, maybe cause I was looking at LX sedan. Must be an option on the LX sedan.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
You're in the Si section homie... we all have spoilers
anywayss..anywaysss..I just wanted to shout out to my LX sedan fans who might have not noticed. I almost pulled on an LX sedan and boy would that have been a car wreck. Went from no spoiler to spoilers galore.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
anywayss..anywaysss..I just wanted to shout out to my LX sedan fans who might have not noticed. I almost pulled on an LX sedan and boy would that have been a car wreck. Went from no spoiler to spoilers galore.
What are you talking about?
Sponsored