• Coupe

Votes: 66 32.4%

• Total voters

civicdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Turbo
In terms of aesthetics and functionality which do you prefer?
Sponsored

Nitro_x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Aesthetics - Definitely the Sedan. The straight upward crease on doors and the roof angle give it a much sportier look compared to the coupe. The sedan has a better road presence and visual balance. Functionality - depends on what you are looking for. If you ain't gonna use the back seat much, the coupe is the obvious choice. Just my personal thought. :thumbsup:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sedan was pretty much the only option for me. I dont use my back seats much, if at all... but in a few years when I start to have kids, a coupe civic is going to kill me lol. I like both 2 and 4 door models (i really fell in love with the rallye red touring 2 door my dealership had) but I also like the asthetics of the sedan more than the coupe, so it works out anyways :nixon:

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
Yea this poll is useless.

Functionality-wise, I don't think anybody can argue for the coupe. Four doors is obviously more useful than two.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Yea this poll is useless.

Functionality-wise, I don't think anybody can argue for the coupe. Four doors is obviously more useful than two.
It's not obvious at all. My son has his own car. I very rarely have anyone in the backseat. So to me it's obvious that I don't need or want four doors. If you have a family or are elderly enjoy your sedan. I'll enjoy my coupe. :cool:

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
It's not obvious at all. My son has his own car. I very rarely have anyone in the backseat. So to me it's obvious that I don't need or want four doors. If you have a family or are elderly enjoy your sedan. I'll enjoy my coupe. :cool:
While it's great that you don't need/want four doors, there's little to argue about when it comes to FUNCTIONALITY. I'm not saying or ever implied that people should get the sedan because it's more functional. A little practicality can be sacrificed when you want to get what you want, and that's fine.

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Coupes are more practical, we don't have superfluous rear doors we have to open to let people in. While sedan owners mess with their extra doors we will already have both of ours open. We completely avoid all the added stress and anguish associated with two more doors to deal with. It's also practical because we save all that money spent on door edge guards for two extra doors. :p

The huge bonus to all of this practicality, when annoying people ask for a ride we have a socially valid and acceptable reason we can refuse without alienating or insulting them.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My vote is sedan for both aesthetics and practicality. The sedan's exterior is really well proportioned; by comparison the coupe's exterior looks a bit goofy to me. I owned a Civic coupe for 9 years and I love having the extra 2 doors now, even though I rarely have more than 1 passenger. One other practicality bonus for the sedan is that it has power seats on the higher level trims.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Coupes are more practical, we don't have superfluous rear doors we have to open to let people in. While sedan owners mess with their extra doors we will already have both of ours open. We completely avoid all the added stress and anguish associated with two more doors to deal with. It's also practical because we save all that money spent on door edge guards for two extra doors. :p

The huge bonus to all of this practicality, when annoying people ask for a ride we have a socially valid and acceptable reason we can refuse without alienating or insulting them.
Hahaha! Good one! I'm a sedan guy, myself, though I like coupes. There's a Honda fanatic I know that always had an Accord coupe, for the last reason you mentioned. Friends and work would seldom ask him to carry them or things, because of the difficulty getting to the back seat. I talked him into a sedan for his last car, and now he says he'll never go back...

But if the car actually handles and drives better, I'll take a coupe when I can!

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
My vote is sedan for both aesthetics and practicality. .....
I agree in both those areas. The shorter doors of the sedan make access easier in my garage which is a bit narrow with the built in cabinets installed by the prior owner. If this poll included the hatchback my vote would change assuming the production version looks just like the hatchback concept.