Votes: 66 32.4%

• Total voters

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I see your point t. But, the Audi is just too rounded for me. Civic still looks better.
I agree, the Civic is superior.

I just can't help the fact that "Audi TT" was literally the first thought that popped into my head when I saw it.

And in all fairness, the "hairdresser" stigma was entirely the result of cheap, secondhand Mk1's falling into the hands of millenials. :rofl:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, but the same could be said about the Sedan if you just did a quick glance. You could say it looked like a bunch of other cars. You could have a truck, and they look kind of all similar. You could have a cruiser motorcycle, they look mostly all fairly similar. Same with sport bikes. Same with many other cars on the road.

And on a side note, when did the TT Coupe become a "chicks" car?
Same time the Miata did, and any convertible Mercedes.

K1NG J0RDAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The coupe looks good, but it's definitely more of a woman's car, especially EGP. The sedan's lines are bit more aggressive.
Lol I haven't posted in a few weeks, but this here nearly had me on the floor in laughter. Didn't want to make TOO much of a scene here at work.

But come on now... Woman's car??? Maybe previous generations. But definitely not 10th gen Coupe. Such a silly thing to say. And btw, the Coupe is definitely more sporty/aggressive. No argument to be had there.

Arguing about which is better is dumb anyway. It's all opinion based. Sedan and Coupe are both great in their own ways.

The fact that people want to race me all the damn time says something about how sporty the Coupe is. Most likely won't get that with the sedan. Still sporty, just not in the same way.

Last edited:

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Lol I haven't posted in a few weeks, but this here nearly had me on the floor in laughter. Didn't want to make TOO much of a scene here at work.

But come on now... Woman's car??? Maybe previous generations. But definitely not 10th gen Coupe. Such a silly thing to say. And btw, the Coupe is definitely more sporty/aggressive. No argument to be had there.

Arguing about which is better is dumb anyway. It's all opinion based. Sedan and Coupe are both great in their own ways.

The fact that people want to race me all the damn time says something about how sporty the Coupe is. Most likely won't get that with the sedan. Still sporty, just not in the same way.
I like how you argue which is better, then you say that arguing about which is better is dumb, and then you argue which is better again.

Last edited:

cycledrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Accord sedan 4 cyl
I bought a 40" LED HD TV a few weeks ago. Pretty big box, but not huge. It would not go in the trunk of my 2005 Accord sedan. I didn't try folding the rear seat, wasn't in the mood, BUT,

I opened rear door and tossed new TV box across the back seat, no problem. << You cannot do this with a COUPE. Even if you folded the rear seat down to try to put the 40" TV in trunk and through pass through, may not go into the Civic coupe. At that point, you'd be looking for a friend to help out, or rent a truck.

Also don't like the idea of a difficult to access, cave-like backseat of a coupe.

I've heard some say "I buy a coupe so I have an excuse not to give rides to friends". What?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Coupe in MSM
I fit a 42 inch tv in my 2012 coupe just fine...

This argument is moot. There is no better, it's preference. Isn't it awesome that we have different tastes anyways? I don't wanna see everyone on the road in my 2016 civic coupe anways :thumbsup: (although they would admittedly have damn good taste).

"Women's car" though...lol, that made me laugh.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought a 40" LED HD TV a few weeks ago. Pretty big box, but not huge. It would not go in the trunk of my 2005 Accord sedan. I didn't try folding the rear seat, wasn't in the mood, BUT,

I opened rear door and tossed new TV box across the back seat, no problem. << You cannot do this with a COUPE. Even if you folded the rear seat down to try to put the 40" TV in trunk and through pass through, may not go into the Civic coupe. At that point, you'd be looking for a friend to help out, or rent a truck.
We fit a 48" TV (Sony, in the box) in the back seat of our 2003 Accord. Pretty sure we couldn't do that in any Civic model. Which is ok, because it means we'll buy something huge, since we're going to have to arrange for delivery anyways!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I must admit that of all of the things that I have considered about the coupe, women's car wasn't one of them.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
I use to think the coupe's taillights were awesome, but after seeing them at night, I prefer the back end of the sedan more, with it's tailights. The profile of the coupe though, is very sleek and sporty.
I wish the coupe taillight that go's across would light up more at night..or have a cool sequential look

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
If I was single I'd definitely go coupe. But having a family it's definitely sedan for me. Which I tried to ignore the fact that it would be a burden to have a coupe with a 2 and 4 year old. I had a 2016 Mustang, and after 8 months, I finally gave in since it was becoming such a pain I wouldn't even want to take the Mustang to go anywhere with them, lol. Love my new Civic EX-T though.

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have both but voted for the coupe since that is my car, wife has the sedan. Sedan is the obvious choice for the family car with the roomy backseat in all. They are both fun to drive and look at, which is why I have both.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Also don't like the idea of a difficult to access, cave-like backseat of a coupe.

I've heard some say "I buy a coupe so I have an excuse not to give rides to friends". What?
Good point, but I didn't buy my coupe to carry big TV's. But, Honda's are known to always be bigger on the inside than out.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know right. People buy big TV's every what, 8-10 years? Pay someone to deliver it, and enjoy driving a Coupe, IF that's what you would rather have. Nobody buys ANY car if they are wanting to cart large items around all the time anyway. People WANT to get a Sedan instead of a Coupe, not because they NEED to. If your needs are that pointed, a mini-van or SUV might be better. I like Sedans, and if that's what someone wants, then great, but telling people who have been doing it just fine for years that a 2 door isn't a good family car, is a bit like telling someone that there's only one good restaurant in town. It's all subjective. ;)
It's true. Sedan's are fine. If I had kids, I would definitely gotten a sedan. At 57, I guess I had my mid-life crisis and bought a sporty coupe. Ef it, your never too old!
Sponsored