Coupe vs Hatch Moonroof

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Went to a local meet recently and noticed the hatch moonroof has a plastic? thing that rises at the front when open, I do not have this on the coupe. What is it? What does it do? am I supposed to have one?
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to a local meet recently and noticed the hatch moonroof has a plastic? thing that rises at the front when open, I do not have this on the coupe. What is it? What does it do? am I supposed to have one?
I have that on my sedan also, its spring loaded, so when it slides to opens it just pops up. not sure on the purpose. might be some kind of air deflector, or might reduce wind noise :dunno:

rabit1111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I have that on my sedan also, its spring loaded, so when it slides to opens it just pops up. not sure on the purpose. might be some kind of air deflector, or might reduce wind noise :dunno:
Yes it reduces wind noise. You can test it by pressing it down. The noise sounds louder with it being pressed

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it reduces wind noise. You can test it by pressing it down. The noise sounds louder with it being pressed
Can confirm... wind noise.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

simpleplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic coupe touring
It's never come up
My Coupe also does not have one. The VW GTI which it replaced did, and it was actually a nice fabric thing, not plastic. I haven't noticed excessive wind noise on the Coupe, however, so I really haven't missed it.

OP
OP
sniper

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
My Coupe also does not have one. The VW GTI which it replaced did, and it was actually a nice fabric thing, not plastic. I haven't noticed excessive wind noise on the Coupe, however, so I really haven't missed it.
Omg EGP!!! I never had a moonroof but I don't find it noisy. I always thought the coupe was pretty much the same as sedan, so not sure why the sedan has, I can understand the hatch being higher.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our Coupe doesn't have one, maybe the profile of the roof allows it to be fairly quiet without one ? Our 11 Accord coupe had a flip up deflector and it needed it.

simpleplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic coupe touring
Omg EGP!!! I never had a moonroof but I don't find it noisy. I always thought the coupe was pretty much the same as sedan, so not sure why the sedan has, I can understand the hatch being higher.
Yes, I had to wonder if it was just a green thing...

ermercado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Hi! I have a coupe and am actually planning to get the deflector part from the sedan, hoping it'd fit the coupe as well. Has anyone here done this yet? An attendant at the dealership told me it wouldn't fit but I still want to confirm with someone here.

My roof and rear window vibrate so much (in a scary way) while driving with the sunroof fully open. I can't really enjoy my sunroof unless I put in some kind of deflector.

Thanks!
Sponsored