Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R)

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In no way did I say that in a negative connotation. I'm not a big fan of avocados, but I never said avocados are terrible.
Nice hatchback, I like it in the silver! When'd you purchase?
OHhhhhhh.....so now my car is an avacado?!?!?!?!!!! lmao (jk)
Sponsored

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 2016 BMW i8
Country flag
I heard the Type-R motor will be crate sold. Now you can buy a coupe Si with a moonroof and stick in a Type-R motor with all th trims. You’ll have a Type-R you’re seeking.

Z.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a fan of four doors or hatchbacks - sorry, I just can't get station wagon out of my head, lol. Not a fan of all the red in the interior (I don't even like the red Honda badge to be honest). Give me a Coupe Type R and with 360hp and AWD (it would be like a mini Huracan, lol). Oh and, I have yet to see a Type R in green? Give me green and a sun roof while you're at it. Actually why not more sporty and neon colors? Thanks Honda in advance, hehe.
I 100% agree. I love the coupe, and to have one with all the Type R goodies would be a BLAST!!!
I heard the Type-R motor will be crate sold. Now you can buy a coupe Si with a moonroof and stick in a Type-R motor with all th trims. You’ll have a Type-R you’re seeking.

Z.
This would work to get the power the Type-R has, but it wouldn't be the same with out having all the other Type-R goodies, such as the suspension settings, wheels, venting, etc.

Pyru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2017 CTR
Country flag
I saw this coupe on the highway the other day and then found a picture browsing on eBay.. Isn't even Si and it looks great for me.

*Found the owner @eduranjr Your car looks great!

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R) s-l1600 (1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R) s-l1600

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 2016 BMW i8
Country flag
This would work to get the power the Type-R has, but it wouldn't be the same with out having all the other Type-R goodies, such as the suspension settings, wheels, venting, etc.
I didn't mean it literally. I was being facetious.

Z.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't mean it literally. I was being facetious.

Z.
I was already having the thought since I read about the crate engine, for my coupe, but I am not a member of any race team so.......I'm S.O.L.

Maybe from a wrecked Type-R though.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Meh...saw a WOP coupe with an R-style wing and red badges at C&C...didn't do much for me, the stock wing looks better on the coupe. Sidenote: Why the undying need to swap to red badges anyway?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I would imagine it looking almost like this parked Si, I don’t know the owner. Me and a friend saw it while parking in Poughkeepsie and decided to take pics with it:p

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R) 92C9AD10-BDA8-4CF4-B129-9D43F7B11F41

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R) 935FE66A-62BF-4B32-AF18-FDE32ED61DCC

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Type R anyone? (my personal perfect Type R) E4EE2C26-E60D-439A-B710-0EBEBC5E4957

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
I'd like to say it again: I'm really glad the Type-R doesn't come as a coupe.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'd like to say it again: I'm really glad the Type-R doesn't come as a coupe.
Not even as an additional option if they were able to ramp up production while keeping up with the demand of the hatch?

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
Not even as an additional option if they were able to ramp up production while keeping up with the demand of the hatch?
No. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm also glad it only comes in a manual, and I'm glad it doesn't have a sunroof, and I'm glad it doesn't have a bunch of Honda Sensing crap it doesn't need.

It's not what the Type-R is about - making millions of them so that everyone and their brother can have one. Can we just have one special model with just a little bit of exclusivity and rarity? Otherwise, it's just the next STI.

I still get excited every time I see a Mugen Si. Why? Is it any better than the regular Si sedan? Not at all. It's just that as a car lover, I enjoy seeing something a little rare, a little special, every once in a while in the sea of bland CUVs that are invading our streets.

Let me get my flameproof Nomex suit on, but honestly if it were a choice between the two, I'd rather see ADM than see the Type-R turned into a mainstream vehicle. If every 911 is a GT3RS, then are any of them? What's the point?

Anyway. /rant.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm also glad it only comes in a manual, and I'm glad it doesn't have a sunroof, and I'm glad it doesn't have a bunch of Honda Sensing crap it doesn't need.

It's not what the Type-R is about - making millions of them so that everyone and their brother can have one. Can we just have one special model with just a little bit of exclusivity and rarity? Otherwise, it's just the next STI.

I still get excited every time I see a Mugen Si. Why? Is it any better than the regular Si sedan? Not at all. It's just that as a car lover, I enjoy seeing something a little rare, a little special, every once in a while in the sea of bland CUVs that are invading our streets.

Let me get my flameproof Nomex suit on, but honestly if it were a choice between the two, I'd rather see ADM than see the Type-R turned into a mainstream vehicle. If every 911 is a GT3RS, then are any of them? What's the point?

Anyway. /rant.
I can see your point about exclusivity, but its look is not entirely unique. A Type-R is still a Civic Hatch and its style is already being duplicated by others on a non Type-R.

I also agree about it being exclusively a manual. There is no reason to take a car that is designed to be manual and KILL it by putting an automatic in it. If someone wants the Type-R then learn to drive a manual.

IMO a coupe version with the same design and styling wouldn't take away from the uniqueness of the Type-R, but could add to it with the fact that so many coupe's are going away. The Coupe has been a part of the Civic lineup all the back to the first generation. It is part of the Honda Civic's history.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I can see your point about exclusivity, but its look is not entirely unique. A Type-R is still a Civic Hatch and its style is already being duplicated by others on a non Type-R.

I also agree about it being exclusively a manual. There is no reason to take a car that is designed to be manual and KILL it by putting an automatic in it. If someone wants the Type-R then learn to drive a manual.

IMO a coupe version with the same design and styling wouldn't take away from the uniqueness of the Type-R, but could add to it with the fact that so many coupe's are going away. The Coupe has been a part of the Civic lineup all the back to the first generation. It is part of the Honda Civic's history.
I might would have considered a coupe had they had one cause I always wanted a coupe Civic Si since the 90s. Never got me one. I am enjoying the Type R though. I would like to see a new Integra Type R. That could fit the 2 door market.
I wish they'd bring back the Integra or Prelude.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag

Anyway. /rant.
Can I buy a ticket on this train?

I'm with @gtolio
Sponsored