saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ve noticed little cracks in the lightbar on my coupe has anyone noticed this on their coupe is this do to fatigue or the Florida sun my car is always waxed( ceramic coating)
but it dose sit in the sun most of the time or it’s a factory defect?

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe trunk lightbar 48A2F108-EE26-4389-83CC-B32E263CFC85
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You may be slamming the trunk too hard and it’s putting pressure on that edge. Are you getting any condensation inside the lightbar?

When I bought my 2017 Si used with 20k miles on it, the light bar was cracked on the passenger side and was letting water in. It shorted out the right side LED bulb as well, which is the only reason I noticed it.

Dealership replaced it the day after I bought the car, but that’s because they sold it to me that way.

Yours may be bolted on there too tight, idk. It’s a very fragile piece.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
You may be slamming the trunk too hard and it’s putting pressure on that edge. Are you getting any condensation inside the lightbar?

When I bought my 2017 Si used with 20k miles on it, the light bar was cracked on the passenger side and was letting water in. It shorted out the right side LED bulb as well, which is the only reason I noticed it.

Dealership replaced it the day after I bought the car, but that’s because they sold it to me that way.

Yours may be bolted on there too tight, idk. It’s a very fragile piece.
No condensation I don’t close my trunk hard but it does open fast when I use the key fob

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Opens fast? your trunk flings open when you press the button?

My trunk just unlocks and barely opens at all. Although, you don't have the weight of the spoiler :hmm:
Sponsored