ebenavides831

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Is this normal ? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this on my car until today.
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe tail light condensation? 5D5E4F3A-D5FC-44DA-8E41-D47A36A47155

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe tail light condensation? 9F5740CD-6EBE-4C48-B948-737B7EF4D685

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Condensation is normal, but that looks excessive... might want to take it into the dealer next time it’s like that.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
2 years ago I went to a coin wash and I sprayed my whole car, including the tail lights, with high pressured water. After a few day, I noticed condensation inside the lens. The condensation went away on one side but not the other.

Luckily, the dealership replaced both of them under warranty. Needless to say that I would not spray the lights with pressured water again (at least not horizontally).

Last edited:

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If under warranty, yeah get them replaced. This happened on my 02 Civic out of warranty so I took off the housing which was easy to do and put clear silicone (aquarium sealant) around the seam where the plastic meets the housing and I never had a problem since. I sold it to a friend who still has it with no issues.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Ive been waiting to see if anyone else has this issue.

I use the self-serve pressure washer bays at the car wash to wash my car. I’ve had condensation in that part of the housing as well.

I’ve been having this issue since I swapped my backup lights with LED bulbs. I’ve taken the housings out and checked a few times to make sure I locked the bulbs into place correctly.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the silicone gaskets around the backup light bulbs do not create a tight seal, even when inserted and locked properly. They aren’t big enough. I may try and find replacements soon and do my best to clear the condensation out with some Q-tips as best I can.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ive been waiting to see if anyone else has this issue.

I use the self-serve pressure washer bays at the car wash to wash my car. I’ve had condensation in that part of the housing as well.

I’ve been having this issue since I swapped my backup lights with LED bulbs. I’ve taken the housings out and checked a few times to make sure I locked the bulbs into place correctly.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the silicone gaskets around the backup light bulbs do not create a tight seal, even when inserted and locked properly. They aren’t big enough. I may try and find replacements soon and do my best to clear the condensation out with some Q-tips as best I can.
Another thing you could try is what I saw was recommended when you swap your side markers. You use some of that thin thread tape (usually used on threaded air compressor connections) and wrap it around the area that locks the bulb into place. it will be a little tight to get it to turn and lock but it should keep any water from being able to get through.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In my case, the water pressure of the coin wash was very high. The seal around the lights would in no way withstand this, especially when the water jets were pointed directly to the seal horizontally.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Another thing you could try is what I saw was recommended when you swap your side markers. You use some of that thin thread tape (usually used on threaded air compressor connections) and wrap it around the area that locks the bulb into place. it will be a little tight to get it to turn and lock but it should keep any water from being able to get through.
Teflon tape?

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Teflon tape?
Correct, thanks!. Couldn't think of the specific name of it when I was replying. It's very thin and stretchable where you could wrap it around the turn to lock in area and it will seal it up better.
Sponsored