lotuskid731

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Aegean Blue Si Coupe, ‘06 Ford Ranger XL
Country flag
I test drove both, but I’ve long wanted the coupe. It’s a draw as to their handling honestly, but the coupe looks better to me and I don’t have any pressing need for the sedan.

I’d go with whichever one you can get in the color you want, for a price you can handle. Anecdotally, coupes tend to command a slight premium from what I’ve seen. Best of luck in deciding!

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
The Sedan has a little better F/R weight bias, but the Coupe shaves a couple pounds off the total weight of the car...

SI Sedan - Curb Weight 2906

Weight Distribution (front/rear)60.3% / 39.7%

SI Coupe - Curb Weight 2889 lbs

Weight Distribution (front/rear)61.4% / 38.6%

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I love the styling of the coupe and have had many compliments on the styling, especially the light bar on the lid and the spoiler. IMO the sedan looked too much like a family car from the side and I don't have to worry about transporting anyone being my kids are in their 20's.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both are basically the same car despite any minor differences

I chose a coupe primarily for looks because it's so unique looking and the fact that I'm young with no kids, I also really dig the rear end a lot more because of the bumper styling with minimal vents and the spoiler + light bar that runs across the trunk

during the summer time I was out one night doing some highway runs with this 4 series I ran into on the highway, we ended up getting off at my local exit and talked a bit at the light. There was 4 people in the car and 3 of them were visiting from Kenya. They were hanging out the window staring at my car because they said it looked so cool and the rear passenger was like "MY BRUDDA THAT BE LOOKING LIKE A UFO". That comment made me happy lol I was like hell yeah I love the coupe :headbang:

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I chose the sedan because of the increase in headroom, rear legroom, and passenger/trunk cubic feet.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I like the coupe as far as looks but I wanted practically, I’m at a point where I may be starting a family sooner than later. I usually keep my vehicles for a while soI wasn’t trying to put a car seat in a coupe, trying to get to the back seats in my rsx was always annoying but at least it was a hatch.

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Coupe because racecar... ?

nah, in all honesty the 2020 coupe may go up in price/demand once the next gen comes out due to it being phased out so if you're looking for resale that could be a factor. I know that if the SI did not option a coupe I would not have gone with it, personally I don't think the sedan looks good stock opposed to the coupe but that's just me lol im also young and don't have kids so the practicality does not phase me, i will say i have gotten a lot of compliments and generally non-car people will notice the coupe more and think its fast so if you're going for the looks fast i think its coupe all day.

Rnice

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe (Black)
Country flag
I have 3 kids - 11 to 14 - and gave up a perfectly useful sedan to buy the coupe. Mostly because of looks - the back of the coupe with the light bar, in black, makes me smile. One of the most impractical things I've ever done, because I love hatchbacks otherwise. But... they aren't going to make these coupes anymore, and I just turned 40, so do it.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have 3 kids - 11 to 14 - and gave up a perfectly useful sedan to buy the coupe. Mostly because of looks - the back of the coupe with the light bar, in black, makes me smile. One of the most impractical things I've ever done, because I love hatchbacks otherwise. But... they aren't going to make these coupes anymore, and I just turned 40, so do it.
That's great that you got the Coupe. It may be the last of the breed... And your kids are old enough to help themselves into the back, or the other option is, they can walk to where they need to get...

Of the previous cars I've had, 54% (8) have been sedans, and they've always been opportunity, never by choice, but now as I've gotten older (34), I now value weird things like, headroom, rear legroom, trunk space and other utilitarian specs that make no sense to anyone else...

I think the Coupe will be good to hold onto, a quasi collectors item. It'll get you head turns and compliments, and tell the world "Form over function".
Cheers,

Last edited:

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sedan, looks better from all angles.