MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Does the Coupe drive any better than the Sedan?
Is it any more fun to drive?
And can you fit in the back seat behind yourself, in your normal driving position?
Is the trunk space less or equal to the sedan?
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Does the Coupe drive any better than the Sedan?
Is it any more fun to drive?
And can you fit in the back seat behind yourself, in your normal driving position?
Is the trunk space less or equal to the sedan?

I doubt a coupe drives any better. Same wheelbase coupe's just about 6" shorter than the sedan.
I doubt you could tell the difference from the drivers seat.
Sedan has more room in the back seat.
Sedan has more trunk space.

I like the coupe because it has less over hang behind the rear wheels.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe SI vs Sedan SI ?? coupe vs sedan

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I just saw a Coupe today as I parked next to it and I must say it looked very good!
I did a test drive with the Sedan and liked it a lot. I know it has adequate trunk space and back seat room.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
I drive a coupe and one of my coworkers (average size adult) sat behind me (average size adult) and was surprised with how much room he had back there. for what its worth...

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
As far as looks, coupe > sedan, imo. I really like the wing height more on the coupe. I do however like the rear bumper/vents more on the sedan.

only reason I went with sedan is because my daughter still lives with us, and it would be a hassle for her (or anyone for that matter) to get in/out of the back seat.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I chose the coupe over the sedan because of the looks...I never saw myself owning a coupe as I always preferred to drive whenever I was heading somewhere with friends/family, and I never wanted to inconvenience people. But when I saw them side-by-side and I fell in love with the coupe.

When I was comparing the two, I did note the trunk was slightly smaller on the coupe (still very useable), but drive-wise I couldn't notice a difference. I was also wowed by the room in the back, which was unusually large for a coupe. Taller people may brush the roof when sitting straight up in the back, but that's about the only problem.

One big negative though (that I think is a common problem among 2-door cars) is that the door is heavy and LONG. In tight parking spaces, I have to yoga myself into the car. Luckily I try to stay limber so that's not an issue for me, but I can see less flexible people having trouble.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
The coupe back seat has plenty of leg room but the headroom is compromised by the sloping rear glass. The sedan back seat is super roomy but taller people will have to scrunch their heads down in the back of the coupe.

I've driven coupes before when I've preferred their looks and/or driving feel over their sedan counterparts, but that's just not the case for me with the Civic. The sedan and coupe drive largely the same. I prefer how the sedan looks over the coupe. The sedan would have to be uglier for me to give up the sedan's added practicality to get the coupe's looks.

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the coupes look so cool. Was surprised to see they don't weigh all that much less than the sedan though. Can see justifying either.....but I would take the coupe all day.

Sucks there is no coupe option for the CTR, bet its short lived for the Si as well. People just don't dig 2 doors anymore for a daily.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks there is no coupe option for the CTR, bet its short lived for the Si as well. People just don't dig 2 doors anymore for a daily.
I see you you don't follow Honda news. They actually announced they are discontinuing ALL coupes a while back.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I originally was looking at a coupe, but the thought of getting kids into/out of the back was a no go for me. Not that I drive them everywhere, but our MDX helps with that, it's more the random times they want to hop in with me.

Since I've had my FC1(just hit 1100mi on odometer), it has been so much the better choice. they love going with me(the aeren't allowed in my DC2) so it another fun thing for them to do.

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
I chose the sedan because I have kids and itā€™s just more practical but I liked the coupe as well. But for me itā€™s hard to tell which one looks better both have pros and cons like the coupe towards the back end just looks strange to me where the doors would be on the sedan. The sedan the back looks like itā€™s so high off the ground.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Think I read on here the sedanā€™s longer wheelbase offers better cornering than the coupe.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I doubt a coupe drives any better. Same wheelbase coupe's just about 6" shorter than the sedan.
I doubt you could tell the difference from the drivers seat.
Sedan has more room in the back seat.
Sedan has more trunk space.

I like the coupe because it has less over hang behind the rear wheels.

coupe vs sedan.jpg
Comparing the pix here, coupe may have a little more headroom for driver?

I picked coupe due to the look and not much compromise in versatility. I have family and kids but 90% of my driving is commuting to work is by myself. I do have other family car so I don't see much downside of backseat headroom.