David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those be fightin' words, the Coupe has that back end... all subjective
i hated the back end of the coupe, which is why i chose the sedan. i think if the trunk was shaped differently i would have chose the coupe.
Sponsored

orangey

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civici Si Coupe
Country flag
The Coupe. I always wanted a car with a spoiler and now I got it! Also think the silhouette and back looks better on the Coupe. Didn't like the big vents on the back of the sedan.

The usability is great too. I've fit 3 adults in the back. Fit a twin size mattress with the rear seats down and trunk closed. And on occasion 2 baby seats. All without compromising my seat position.

wzrd8kd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Si Coupe all day long. Picked up my 2020 a few months ago. Looks better IMO than the Sedan and actually has a good looking spoiler. Back seat room is quite comfortable, no issues there. Trunk size is reduced, if going camping you best expect to fold them seats down!

My first Coupe and I love the little turbo that could, but there's some minor cons vs the sedan. Doors are longer and heavier and makes it slightly awkward to get in and out of sometimes, especially in tight parking. Also, you know, there's 2 less doors, so a little more annoying to get in/out of the back seat, or folding them down to put your dog in the back because the Civic Si is his favorite place to be. Driver Headroom is 100% noticeably reduced for me. I keep the seat all the way to the floor and seat tipped back, and still have to keep my head to the side or my hair will be touching the headliner.

If I could go back in time 3 months, I would still get the coupe over the sedan, but there's no doubt the sedan is the more practical car ~

Last edited:

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Driver Headroom is 100% noticeably reduced for me. I keep the seat all the way to the floor and seat tipped back, and still have to keep my head to the side or my hair will be touching the headliner.
I did not know you could raise and lower the seats, I'll have to check it out :eek:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly love the way both the Si coupe and sedan look. I chose the sedan for added practicality and comfort.

I sat in an Si coupe and one thing that would annoy the hell out of me for daily driving is that the seatbelt feels like it's at the damn C-pillar! You really have to turn your body to reach for it.

wzrd8kd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I sat in an Si coupe and one thing that would annoy the hell out of me for daily driving is that the seatbelt feels like it's at the damn C-pillar! You really have to turn your body to reach for it.
Oh yes, that one annoys me as well. Sometimes when I don't want to almost dislocate my shoulder trying to reach it, I turn to the right and then do a full swing left and grab it...lol.

Rnice

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe (Black)
Country flag
That's great that you got the Coupe. It may be the last of the breed... And your kids are old enough to help themselves into the back, or the other option is, they can walk to where they need to get...

Of the previous cars I've had, 54% (8) have been sedans, and they've always been opportunity, never by choice, but now as I've gotten older (34), I now value weird things like, headroom, rear legroom, trunk space and other utilitarian specs that make no sense to anyone else...

I think the Coupe will be good to hold onto, a quasi collectors item. It'll get you head turns and compliments, and tell the world "Form over function".
Cheers,
Ha! Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly man. In my neighborhood 10th gen coupes are very rare, and I've never seen a coupe Si outside of the dealership. I thought if I didn't snag one now, by the time they came around again a 6 speed might be history - hell, a piston engine might be history. We have the minivan, and in a real pinch, the farm truck with the old reverse crew doors, to cover the headroom and trunk space thing.

My last sedan was a Subaru legacy, because it had a good back seat for the kids, and it was great in the snow, and like you, opportunity when a perfect used one floated by (to get out of a 7th gen Civic coupe!). But within months I felt like I made a bad move. It was ugly. And slow. Like really slow.
Sponsored