Coupe Si rear diffuser on non Si coupe

tifosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe touring
Country flag
Hi

I have a 2017 civic coupe touring and Im not a fan of the hidden exhaust. So im just wondering if anyone here knows if we can swap out the rear diffuser with a Si diffuser that has the opening in the middle and also change the cat back with a Si catback.

Here is a link to the Si diffuser
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~diffuser~assy~rr~bumper~71510-tbj-a00.html

From looking at pictures and Si coupes in the dealership, the rear bumpers look identical to the non Si to me. The only difference is the diffuser piece, so im wondering if its a straight swap without many modifications?

Also will a catback Si exhaust bolt on to the non Si without many mods?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say that the diffuser may fit - however if youre doing so to use a center exit exhaust i would say that wont fit. we are seeing that the non-sport/si models have a lower floor pan for the spare tire. Thus not allowing us to use the sport/si exhausts

cfleegle

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe 2015 Chrysler 200s
Vehicle Showcase
There are a bunch of people on here that have done this. And yes you will need custom piping to make it come of out of the center because of what was said above but it will actually go on and only need slight modding on the sides. Planned on doing this after the lowering springs.

OP
OP

tifosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are a bunch of people on here that have done this. And yes you will need custom piping to make it come of out of the center because of what was said above but it will actually go on and only need slight modding on the sides. Planned on doing this after the lowering springs.
Thanks for the reply!

What mods will the Si diffuser need to go on? I can see that the Si diffuser sides wrap around the bumpers, so is it just a matter of attaching it under the bumber?

Thank you

OP
OP

tifosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply!

What mods will the Si diffuser need to go on? I can see that the Si diffuser sides wrap around the bumpers, so is it just a matter of attaching it under the bumber?

Thank you

cfleegle

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe 2015 Chrysler 200s
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply!

Thank you

Yeah from what I read people either used two sided tape or screws to hole the sides on, the middle just goes on lol.

ajsti24

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 STi Type RA, 2017 MB-AMG GLC43, 2019 Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am glad i saw this thread, almost ordered the SI rear bumper lower diffuser and Si OEM catback to do an Si center exit muffler tip conversion.
Sponsored