Coupe Si owners and seat belts...

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI , 2017 VW Jetta Se 1.4 TSI
Country flag
It takes a bit of a twist back but nothing too uncomfortable . Part of the pre driving ritual
Sponsored

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Has anyone found a solution or come up with some sort of "fix" for the passenger side seat belt slapping?

Mine slaps no matter how I move the buckle. Happens on bumps but most annoyingly, it constantly slaps THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP if I'm over 50mph with the windows down.
I've gotten annoyed to the point where I will just buckle the passenger seatbelt, but that's super lame and looks weird too, so I was wondering if anyone has a better fix.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone found a solution or come up with some sort of "fix" for the passenger side seat belt slapping?

Mine slaps no matter how I move the buckle. Happens on bumps but most annoyingly, it constantly slaps THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP if I'm over 50mph with the windows down.
I've gotten annoyed to the point where I will just buckle the passenger seatbelt, but that's super lame and looks weird too, so I was wondering if anyone has a better fix.
Same here, despite following the advice to move it all the way down it still thumps against the side when driving over uneven bumps (so car rocks side to side), though it is minimized the most at the lowest position.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I'm used to the seat belt now, but my passengers are always asking the person in the back to help them with the seat belt ! lol :D

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
You know I was thinking of trying out my little dogs car seat leash that is about 12 inches long and has a Latch plate end on one end and a lobster claw clip on the other end. It is designed to go into the seat
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... leash.PNG
belt buckle and keep the dog in place on the seat clipped to his collar. Well maybe I use it to clip to the passenger seat belt latch plate and then clip the other end into the buckle and tuck into the seats cushion making the passenger seat belt pulled flush to the side of the passenger seat without bring fully across and clipped. Well that may be too hokey, but maybe running some type of belt and clip tucked into the seat that you can just clip the belt to the side of the side of the seat when not in use. Maybe a device similar to how that one person has that clip mounted on their head rest, This would just be lower down by the seat back handle.. :)

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You know I was thinking of trying out my little dogs car seat leash that is about 12 inches long and has a Latch plate end on one end and a lobster claw clip on the other end. It is designed to go into the seat
leash.PNG
belt buckle and keep the dog in place on the seat clipped to his collar. Well maybe I use it to clip to the passenger seat belt latch plate and then clip the other end into the buckle and tuck into the seats cushion making the passenger seat belt pulled flush to the side of the passenger seat without bring fully across and clipped. Well that may be too hokey, but maybe running some type of belt and clip tucked into the seat that you can just clip the belt to the side of the side of the seat when not in use. Maybe a device similar to how that one person has that clip mounted on their head rest, This would just be lower down by the seat back handle.. :)
Not a bad idea actually.
I'd like to do a holder loop like some other cars do (this is from a Mini), but not have to permanently alter/damage the OEM seats...
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... 90460d1396636730-mini-cooper-seat-belt-holder-image-4144900286

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not a bad idea actually.
I'd like to do a holder loop like some other cars do (this is from a Mini), but not have to permanently alter/damage the OEM seats...
90460d1396636730-mini-cooper-seat-belt-holder-image-4144900286.jpg
Right, maybe there is something like a clip on clip. That will clip to the seats base on the plastic and just hold the belt a little tighter to the side of the seat.

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a way to change the color of the seat belt? I mean... there a way but where can we get a different colored seat belt for the SI?

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there a way to change the color of the seat belt? I mean... there a way but where can we get a different colored seat belt for the SI?
I don't have the part number but I know you can get the red CTR seat belts somewhere. There are also aftermarket ones online, I saw a interior mod thread in here somewhere where a guy replaced his Si belts.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have always delt with "the twist" and never thought twice about it.
When I had my 77 year old dad go out and play I actually had to get out and pass him the belt.
When we got back I jumped out. He didn't get out. I went over and popped the door and he was grinning from ear to ear...I figured it was from the fun and not driving a manual in over 30 years.
Nope! He came up with this:

Run the buckle down to the plastic stop button...
IMG_20171128_180343347_HDR.jpg

Then hook the seatbelt around the seat back adjustment lever:

IMG_20171128_180829245.jpg

It is an easy grab when you are back in the seat. Just make sure you pull it out from the seat lever before you put it on!:thumbsup:
I ended up doing this and it does prevent it from flopping around on the passenger side with the windows down.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ended up doing this and it does prevent it from flopping around on the passenger side with the windows down.
Thank God! A solution!! I'm gonna do this today and open up the car and cruuuuiiiiiise

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try reaching for it with your left hand, but underhanded. That's the easiest way I've found. I'm 5'9", so I sit foward a ways and this way I've had no problems.

Seat belt itself doesn't give me any problems, either.
Yep, underhand FTW.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Update: have had my coupe Si for two and a half weeks and can't believe I complained about the seatbelt. Underhand is the correct way and I have no issues with it cutting into my neck, thanks everyone! Couldn't get myself to get another sedan after I've always wanted coupes

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I have always reached for the seatbelt with my right hand when i get into the drivers seat of a car. With the Si coupe ive had to force myself to start reaching for it with my left hand. The belt is far back. I think its because the doors are massive and the B pillar is just far back.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That's what I'm afraid of. I only got into the car maybe 2-3 times during my test drive but the seatbelt was also cutting into my neck, forgot to mention that. It's honestly almost enough for me to just get the sedan even though I don't want one. You made my decision harder lol.

I'm kidding, this was super useful and may sway my decision towards sedan.
This was one of the main reasons I got rid of my coupe and got a sedan, don’t know how I did not realize coupe belts not adjustable!
Sponsored