Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
Is it just me or does the coupe Si seat belts are a bit too far back? I'm 5'9 and I usually have the seats forward to the point where I can press the clutch all the way comfortably at the toes.
Every time I reach for the seat belt, it feels like I'm about to pop my left shoulder lol or if I use my right arm, I gotta almost literally turn my whole torso around to the left to reach it. I'm guessing this is a short people issue (under 6 foot)? Lol
Wondering if there is like a seat belt extender (at the base) so its easier to reach with your left arm?
Sponsored

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I have always delt with "the twist" and never thought twice about it.
When I had my 77 year old dad go out and play I actually had to get out and pass him the belt.
When we got back I jumped out. He didn't get out. I went over and popped the door and he was grinning from ear to ear...I figured it was from the fun and not driving a manual in over 30 years.
Nope! He came up with this:

Run the buckle down to the plastic stop button...
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... IMG_20171128_180343347_HDR

Then hook the seatbelt around the seat back adjustment lever:

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... IMG_20171128_180829245

It is an easy grab when you are back in the seat. Just make sure you pull it out from the seat lever before you put it on!:thumbsup:

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Good tip blacklude! I'll try it. I've quickly found the issue of sunroof and drivers side window open often sends the passenger side seat belt to flap and smack against the plastic it normally rests against.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm about 6'3" or so and it's a stretch to reach the belt.

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 black Civic SI coupe, 1996 black Civic ex coupe, 1994 Toyota pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I push my right elbow with my left hand so my right hand can reach the belt on my left side!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Is it just me or does the coupe Si seat belts are a bit too far back? I'm 5'9 and I usually have the seats forward to the point where I can press the clutch all the way comfortably at the toes.
Every time I reach for the seat belt, it feels like I'm about to pop my left shoulder lol or if I use my right arm, I gotta almost literally turn my whole torso around to the left to reach it. I'm guessing this is a short people issue (under 6 foot)? Lol
Wondering if there is like a seat belt extender (at the base) so its easier to reach with your left arm?
I'm 5'9" as well and yes, I find that it's a stretch to reach the seatbelt. I'm not exactly the thinnest guy in the world so yeah, that doesn't help things. :) I was a little surprised that there was no height adjustment on the pillar for the seatbelt; I find myself pulling up my shirt collar to prevent the seatbelt from digging into my neck.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
It is a reach, 5'8" here.
Just use proper body mechanics to avoid any straining.

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 5'10" with long arms and it's also a stretch for me. The coupes have the same wheel base as the sedans so they also have a long door and a wide door opening

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good tip blacklude! I'll try it. I've quickly found the issue of sunroof and drivers side window open often sends the passenger side seat belt to flap and smack against the plastic it normally rests against.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm about 6'3" or so and it's a stretch to reach the belt.
You should wear the seat belt

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Krazieness

Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
Guess I wasn't the only one having a bit issue lol
Blacklude4, Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try that.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I am 6'3", I sit about 3/4 back and don't have much of a problem with the seatbelt. I honestly don't even pay attention to getting the seatbelt all that much. I can see how new coupe owners can have problems with it. I have owned a compact coupe for 9 years, so I have gotten used to grabbing the seatbelt with little effort.

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 AMG GTS, 2015 GLA250
Country flag
I'm 5'10" and it's a bit of a reach for me as well. Let me know if you guys come up with any solutions to extend it. I rarely have any backseat passengers so a bit of blockage won't hurt.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I do where the seat belt, I'm saying the passenger side belt flaps in the wind, when it's unoccupied.

edit- where do you spell wear?
Make sure the seatbelt clasp is all the way to the stopper in the belt. I heard my passenger belt flapping once when the windows were open, and after I slid the buckle down all the way it stopped. I was actually impressed that Honda took this into account and made it a non-issue provided the belt is appropriately placed. Several times since then I've reencountered it (usually after someone gets out of the back seat, they must move it up a bit), and each time reaching over and sliding it down as far as it will go resolves it.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
This is what I used for dual purposes: (1) to get the shoulder strap off of my neck, and (2) to make reaching the belt easier. (this is a stock image)

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... 74927d1367943498-seat-belt-holders-p1000450-

Here it is installed in my coupe:

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Si owners and seat belts... belt-

It took drilling the holes out a bit (our headrest posts are larger) to 7/8" I believe, but it works great.