First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just outta curiosity, there is a weather-strip lip thing attached to the bottom of the rear glass where the trunk meets the rear window, is that supposed to be up against the trunk or is it just there as filler? Kinda hard to be a seal if its not resting against anything other than one side. My warranty just ran out January but I'm not super concerned about it, I was thinking i could just add some additional foam or something behind / under it to help push it up to where it actually does rest against the underside of the leading edge of the trunk. Can anyone else chime in on if theirs is in the same position or any additional Knowledge? I suspect the Stealership knows nothing about this and how its supposed to be.
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Rear Window / Trunk Seal? 1678671956034

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Rear Window / Trunk Seal? 1678671966341

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Here's (I believe) the same vantage point from my 2018 coupe. I'm not out in the rain much. But there's no leaks that I have seen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Rear Window / Trunk Seal? PXL_20230315_180304795

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks to be about the same. if you get low to the same level as the window and look down to where the edge of the trunk resting against the window, does the seal rest against the trunk or is it just floating there not touching?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
looks to be about the same. if you get low to the same level as the window and look down to where the edge of the trunk resting against the window, does the seal rest against the trunk or is it just floating there not touching?
Just floats it is to direct the water from the window past that channel and into the trunk jam. I hope that makes sence

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it does make sense, just doesn't make sense in the engineering way it doesn't rest against the trunk like every other seal would do and be way more effective at what it does.. maybe ill shove an extra piece or something under it and help raise it up to support it
Sponsored