MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone had to replace one of the bulbs in the rear strip on their coupe? I have an appointment Monday at the dealership, was thinking of just asking them to do it, but you know how that can be $ for dumb shut.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe rear strip 368EC8C9-D9B3-4258-89B0-60DE5F34EC78

Alon closer inspection it appears the entire thing may have to be replaced.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrJustin81

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
For all us coupe owners, that strip runs about 460$ for the part, that’s just quoted from the service department lady. The parts manager is cool so I’m sure I could get it discounted, but it’s the entire assembly, which is what I was afraid of

OP
OP
MrJustin81

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

Time4boost

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
You know what would be cool if someone modified it so it does a cool animation when unlocking & locking the car.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It’s not a replaceable bulb. When i bought my coupe it had 20.5k miles on it and i took it home from the dealership and noticed this same light out that op has in his picture.

The assembly was cracked and water had gotten in and shorted that bulb. The car was cpo so i didn’t have to pay to replace.

I suggest not slamming the trunk lid shut… especially if you have an Si with the extra weight on it.

It’s easy to slam and anyone else who closes it other than myself always slams the shit out of it and i cringe every time, praying they didnt break anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrJustin81

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It’s not a replaceable bulb. When i bought my coupe it had 20.5k miles on it and i toom it home from the dealership and noticed this same light out that op has in his picture.

The assembly was cracked and water had gotten in and shorted that bulb.

I suggest not slamming the trunk lid shut… especially if you have an Si with the extra weight on it.

It’s easy to slam and anyone else who closes it other than myself always slams the shit out of it and i cringe every time, praying they didnt break anything.
Definitely how mine went out. It’s not cracked but I know water has gotten in there. I’m not the most gentle closing it and well when it’s frozen with ice/snow, we’ll extra not gentlye. Though just closing the trunk sounds like the spoiler will fall off.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely how mine went out. It’s not cracked but I know water has gotten in there. I’m not the most gentle closing it and well when it’s frozen with ice/snow, we’ll extra not gentlye. Though just closing the trunk sounds like the spoiler will fall off.
Unfortunately the coupe has some fragile parts on it, and they aren’t cheap to replace.

Looks cool though?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Etsy has a rear wing stabilizer it is 2 pieces of 3d printed hard plastic with some 3m tape on it so you can wedge it in the middle of the spoiler so it does not flex when going over big bumps/closing the trunk

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe rear strip 15459D09-2726-4816-A65B-5B6EC5486F47_1_201_a

OP
OP
MrJustin81

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Etsy has a rear wing stabilizer it is 2 pieces of 3d printed hard plastic with some 3m tape on it so you can wedge it in the middle of the spoiler so it does not flex when going over big bumps/closing the trunk

15459D09-2726-4816-A65B-5B6EC5486F47_1_201_a.jpeg
do you have a direct link to the shop to get that from? Thank you

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
The exact same thing happened to my coupe. Luckily it was still under warranty and they replaced it without any additional charges. There was moisture in mine and the right side stopped working after 3 years I bought the car. My car's out of warranty and the new one is starting to collect moisture again. It'll probably short-out again in a few years and will probably cost me a few hundred bucks to replace. Sigh.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The exact same thing happened to my coupe. Luckily it was still under warranty and they replaced it without any additional charges. There was moisture in mine and the right side stopped working after 3 years I bought the car. My car's out of warranty and the new one is starting to collect moisture again. It'll probably short-out again in a few years and will probably cost me a few hundred bucks to replace. Sigh.
Coupe tax.

You may have to kindly remind everyone who touches your trunk lid to be very gentle with it and don’t slam it.
Sponsored