Stephen Yeoh

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 CRX Si, 19 Civic Si Coupe, 11 GL450, 08 E350, 16 M235i
Country flag
What is everyone using for a phone mount for their phone? I'm looking for alternatives to placing the phone on one of the storage shelves or in the cup holder. My current preference is for a magnetic phone mount, but I'm open to alternatives.

Who has a phone mount (either one the dash, air vents, or somewhere else) that they are happy with? Please provide photos and a link to the product (if possible).

Thanks. Stephen
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
What is everyone using for a phone mount for their phone? I'm looking for alternatives to placing the phone on one of the storage shelves or in the cup holder. My current preference is for a magnetic phone mount, but I'm open to alternatives.

Who has a phone mount (either one the dash, air vents, or somewhere else) that they are happy with? Please provide photos and a link to the product (if possible).

Thanks. Stephen
This is a GPS mount, but may give you ideas. I had this same universal mount in 3 other cars so already had the parts.
The challenge with a Coupe is designing the seat mount bracket so the passenger seat still slides all the way forward for rear seat entry.
I'm a old guy and love having a dedicated GPS.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe phone mount? IMG_0765.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe phone mount? IMG_0762.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe phone mount? IMG_0763.JPG

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Here's mine. I've gone through so many and this is the one I liked best.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe phone mount? 20191223_163641

OP
OP

Stephen Yeoh

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 CRX Si, 19 Civic Si Coupe, 11 GL450, 08 E350, 16 M235i
Country flag
This is a GPS mount, but may give you ideas. I had this same universal mount in 3 other cars so already had the parts.
The challenge with a Coupe is designing the seat mount bracket so the passenger seat still slides all the way forward for rear seat entry.
I'm a old guy and love having a dedicated GPS.
IMG_0762.JPG
Thanks for the detailed photos. What brand is the mounting equipment?

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed photos. What brand is the mounting equipment?
That's https://www.rammount.com/ stuff. But I bought it years and 4 cars ago so can't point you to the exact parts.
One thing I can say for it, it certainly has been universal. Every car's got a seat bolt.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I am very happy with the Clec magnet mount. It snapped right in to my 2020, and feels like it will never budge. I have used magnet mounts for years in my cars. I had the metal plate on the inside of my cases in the past, but have found occasionally they would lose contact with the mount in sudden stops. Now I must put the metal plate on the outside of my phone, and it is rock solid. I'd rather sacrifice aesthetics to get better connection to the magnet mount in my car. YMMV. If you go that route, you could also get a 90 degree USB cable, and you can tuck the cable right behind the infotainment screen when the phone isn't in use.

Last edited:

Verdingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, infiniti Q60S
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/threads/si-interior-“mod”thread.16589/page-16#post-568872

Using only the clip-on piece that fits over emergency button. I traded out the magnet with the magnet below because it has a red trim like the car interior. On reflection it is not necessary to get the other magnet holder (below) since it is covered up by the tablet. $22.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GCL494R/ref=twister_B07DRFP69X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Using this magnetic for the tablet – matches the interior. it slides right into the slot of the snap-on piece above.
Magnetic Phone Car Mount, APPS2Car Sturdy Stick-on Universal Cell Phone Holder for Car. $9.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBNPW9Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: mjh

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring

Thanks. Stephen
proclipusa.com has everything you would need including three different types of magnetic mounts. Pricey but worth it imo. For the Civic they have a dash mount and a left A pillar mount.