Coupe Door Speakers spacing between panel and speaker?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious if anyone knows about how much spacing there is behind the speaker grille and the door panel. I'm replacing my speakers and i'm temped to put the speaker grille on it too, cause i'm going to have the floorboard illumination light it up a bit, would be nice to see it.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My recollection is that there wasn't that much room. I want to say that the backside of the panel has a little baffle that kinda' encloses the speaker trim ring. Can't remember for sure, though.

One thing I do remember is that I took the advice offered to me and procured a handful of extra green pop pins that hold the panel to the door. There's usually a couple that just break during the process. Also... get the Honda ones. The off brand ones seem to break easier.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
luckily a junkyard set of Si door panels provided me with a handful extra green tabs, and removing mine, none broke. so ill chalk that up for luck and carry on. yea there is baffles in there, and they do not clear the speaker grilles, so id likely have to trim em up. in the long run i dont think its worth it.
Sponsored