Coupe back up lights into tail lights/flashers.

CCRIDER74

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe 2005 yzfr1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you guys think of the idea of using red overlay tint on reverse lights on coupe?
Rewiring sockets to be on when marker/tail lights come on . Also change flasher bulb to red or clear since lens will now be red. Then coupe would have the long section over trunk and the < > look like on sedan . Its on my list to do's. Oh reverse lights would be no more or in my case thinking streamline aftermarket leds flushed into black rear diffuser.
Sponsored

Jazzek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EXT, 2003 Taco
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think legally the reverse lights are supposed to be white (in US at least). As with headlights, they tell other cars what direction you are moving. Also during night backing, they illuminate what's behind you more clearly. Your backup camera would likely suffer in the dark.

I'm not saying it wouldn't look really cool cause it probably would. Just be aware of the potential drawbacks.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Unless you never back up I would suggest you leave the reverse lights alone

OP
OP
CCRIDER74

CCRIDER74

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe 2005 yzfr1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you never back up I would suggest you leave the reverse lights alone
I pitty the fool who tells me what to do with my reverse lights ! A little Mr. T for captain obvious . Lol just playing . I do grasp the concept of why they are white to begin with. I was meaning turn lens to red . Rewire reverse bulb to be on with marker/parking lights change signal to red bulb so flashers are red behind lens ( now red). Rewire new hidden or stream line led's either under bumper or tucked under lip above license plate. I can also install a dump truck beeper so no confusion of my direction .

Jazzek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EXT, 2003 Taco
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coolio, I just reply to everything as stated - never know who's asking! By all means go A-Team on the rear lighting mod. Would be interesting to see!
Sponsored