Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious where everyone else is mounting their own Crossovers when doing a full custom install. Since my Sport doesn't have a factory amp, i know the floorboard on the passenger side should be clear, but i haven't taken everything apart yet to find out. With the hood latch on the driver side, i don't think it'll go there. im likely going to have to install it into the door somewhere which worries me a bit about water ingress from the window sill.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have removed my door panel and found only one viable location to mount the Crossover.. I'm thinking of lining the entire back side of it with strong Velcro. i think it should hold... i cant find any other option. I'm open to other ideas though.
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions? PXL_20210320_160407129
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions? PXL_20210324_204542124
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions? PXL_20210324_204806358

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Other ideas.
  • Drill holes thru the door pockets to run wires thru and put the xovers in the pockets. I thought about doing that in my Prelude, but ended up finding a place behind the panel.
  • I assume you don't have the premium amp so only two wires goes into each door vs 4 in the premium amp. You could run another pair of wires thru the door grommet and put both xovers inside the cabin.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the problem is finding a spot in the cabin to place the crossovers, these things are rather bulky.

I have the 8 speaker setup, no amp setup, but i do have tweeters, i will however be running my own wires to my speakers from my own amp so that's not an issue.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
There're lots of possible places to hide them.
  • The passenger side kick panel where the premium amp isn't. The amp is at least 1.5" thick so you should at least hide one in there.
  • Behind the 12V socket. 3:30 will show you how to remove that panel with a hook. I don't think you have to remove the center console. Just put a hook on the slot and pull and I think it should come out. You should at least hide one in there as well.
  • Glovebox
  • Under seats
  • Center console.

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi, recently I installed components speakers (Focal PS165FXE) with bulky xovers.
I ended up mounting the around/inside the dashboard.
*The left one under the steering wheel. I glued it behind the red indicated place (keep it high, if it's bulky, it won't fit in the lower part).
*The right one behind the glovebox, to the right of the cabin fan.
Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions? left xover

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Audio Crossover mounting positions? right xover

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
You could always run them active (no crossovers) as well, but you would have to tune for such a setup.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
eh, I'm not too keen on just putting them in spots in the dash without being too secure. i dont want them rattling around
Sponsored