First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
correct, i was just showing you as you asked what the difference was. - i probly should just make a new build post since this one is pretty much done
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Sealed 12" + 12" radiator. 2 ohm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe Add a Subwoofer? 1611357029587

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How does it sound?
Don't know for sure yet. I hook it up to my stock sub output on Friday and listened to lots of pop and some classical, Beethoven Triple (Op. 56) and Choral Fantasy (Op. 80), etc and it sounded pretty good, but then it was pretty good already before. But I thought I felt a little ass shaking with some music where there were none before.

The stock sub output range is 4Hz ~ 40 Hz. The lowest music I can think of off hand is Op 80 with a C2 (65Hz) and F1 (44Hz) octaves within the 1st 3 measures. So I hardly put it to use the way it is. When I get time during lunch, I'll throw some Nelly and A0 thru D#1 (28Hz thru 39Hz) notes to it and see how it compares to stock.

It has 98db sensitivity (not sure if @1W or @1V) so I thought it would be pretty efficient compared to other subs. But I may add a dsp and amp later combining sub+L+R.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mother nature finally blessed us with an awesome winter day today so I got a chance to do a comparison so an Update...

Yes it sounds a LOT better than the stock sub. When listening to pure sinewave tones of 20Hz and 30Hz, the stock sub "sounded" slightly louder than the Kicker, but that's deceiving and could just be how sounds are perceived.

When listening to real music, the Kicker wins hands down. With the stock sub, drums sound more rigid (like the skin is stretched too tight) and thin where with the Kicker, drums sound more natural and fat and sound like they're coming from everywhere. Plus, my stock sub starts to buzz at around volume 18 with some songs. The Kicker just keeps thumping no matter what I throw at it. It's not heart pounding by any means, but I'm not looking for that. I'm just looking to round out the very low end to cover the entire sound spectrum.

It will sound ever more awesome if I feed the front L+R + sub to an amp, but I won't feel the need to do that anytime soon since I'm super happy right now.

Just a note that I have a modified stock setup. My output to the speakers are about 10 db more than the stock setup. So YMMV.

Reactions: VAN

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'd love to do this but I want more thump. Nothing massive or door shaking, just more.
Sponsored