First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
Like the title states, could I have shifted in reverse if the Brake Mitigation engaged and I had my hand on the shifter *and knob*. After the brakes engaged from the Brake Mitigation system, I tried to accelerate and it was in neutral and wouldn't go. I hit the brakes and put it in Drive. The thing is I thought I heard a grind noise but I am not sure if it was the brakes being smashed or if my hand pulled the gear knob to Reverse? Or is there a safety mechanism where it prevents it from going into Reverse when in drive without the brakes being applied? If not, is my CVT damaged or been compromised?
Sponsored

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
Like the title states, could I have shifted in reverse if the Brake Mitigation engaged and I had my hand on the shifter *and knob*. After the brakes engaged from the Brake Mitigation system, I tried to accelerate and it was in neutral and wouldn't go. I hit the brakes and put it in Drive. The thing is I thought I heard a grind noise but I am not sure if it was the brakes being smashed or if my hand pulled the gear knob to Reverse? Or is there a safety mechanism where it prevents it from going into Reverse when in drive without the brakes being applied? If not, is my CVT damaged or been compromised?
U shouldnt be able to put the car in reverse without pressing brake pedal. You can however shift from reverse into neutral and drive without brake pedal. Also from drive to neutral, just not reverse

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
U shouldnt be able to put the car in reverse without pressing brake pedal. You can however shift from reverse into neutral and drive without brake pedal. Also from drive to neutral, just not reverse
but my foot might have been on the brake pedal when i slid the shifter up as the brake mitigation kicked in but i'm not sure if it was pressed all the way down.

Edit: really at a loss other than watch out for Honda Safety as much as enjoy it.

Last edited:

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
Your transmission will surely break within the next 10 miles. Stop driving with your hand on the shifter... problem solved.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Edit: really at a loss other than watch out for Honda Safety as much as enjoy it.
Your transmission will surely break within the next 10 miles. Stop driving with your hand on the shifter... problem solved.
Ok that problem is solved but now i'm coming up on an oil change and the trust issue with the lack of domestic training issue. Heck, I'd be happy if they would just stop joy riding something they would never fathom buying for themselves. Do it on your own dime and stop abusing mine you demons of stupidity! /rant
Sponsored

Last edited: