wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yesterday as I was coming to a stop sign I pressed the clutch in, and before I got the car out of gear my foot slipped off of the clutch pedal (wet shoes that didn't have much traction in the first place). I was going about 15mph, rpm was probably around 1300, and when the clutch rapidly engaged i hydroplaned a few feet then the tires screeched. Could I possibly have hurt my clutch or transmission?

Car is a 2017 Si coupe. It's my first manual transmission car and I'm not exactly sure how easy it is to damage a clutch, so I'm super paranoid about it. I feel like the clutch doesn't bite as hard now but I'm not sure if that's just me being paranoid. From what I've read it should be fairly easy to tell if it's slipping. At the moment it's real wet outside, so any 'testing' would be difficult because the wheels don't get much traction.
Sponsored

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Don't worry about it. People have abused their clutches much harder than what you've done. They're made to be slipped. Even these shit OEM clutches. You were going pretty slow compared to others money shifting. Sooner or later you'll have to replace it anyways since they're a wear and tear item.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You're totally fine. Think of the cumulative abuse a clutch would receive over a lifetime, and people can go 200k+ miles on stock clutches. Your one slip-up is a drop in the ocean :)
Sponsored