Cost to swap OEM tires?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
My local Honda dealers apparently lack the machinery to change the OEM tires for the CTR. I have another set of OEM rubber I want to put on my stock wheels but I was quoted $300 to "outsource" the job. Any experience with this?
Sponsored

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I'd say it should typically cost around $50 per wheel to mount and balance. Some installers may bump up the price due to the 30 series sidewall.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Sadly it might be about right. I imagine the "outsourced" site is trying to make a few $$ since you aren't actually buying tires from them, but it does pull a tech offline to deal with someone's "fanatical" 20" rims ;) . you could always call around yourself to see who the local place is "to go to" for this type of thing.

I've has a similar situation. One time I bought tires from a place and they charged like $20/tire for omunt and balance. Came back to the same place to have my winters mounted, which they sold me, and suddenly it was $40/tire to swap out.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Check Tirerack.com for installers. they're supposed to have the proper gear to be listed as a "recommended installer"

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Is there not a discount tire near you? I believe they charge $30/wheel
I do but my last experience there wasn't the best and I am afraid they are going to scratch the wheels up.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I do but my last experience there wasn't the best and I am afraid they are going to scratch the wheels up.
If you're afraid of this, take a picture of the wheels before you enter the shop. Then go in and have them swap the tires out. Also, the NTB near me does them for 40/tire, just so you have more data about pricing. 300 bucks seems to be nearly 150-200% of what it probably should cost.
Sponsored