Cost to replace keyfob?

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Any one replaced their keyfob? If so, how much did the dealer charge you? I think I lost one of mine so I’m looking to get a replacement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VinRRR

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Surprised no one answered. Anyways, Called a couple dealers in the area and got quoted for roughly $250 for the key and the fob + $130 for programming. So that's almost $400 for a new keyfob.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
That sounds about right

Haven't lost a Honda fob yet but had to replace a Mercedes fob 2 weeks after picking up the car, cost $500

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Surprised no one answered. Anyways, Called a couple dealers in the area and got quoted for roughly $250 for the key and the fob + $130 for programming. So that's almost $400 for a new keyfob.
Jesus. Have you opened one? its a plastic shell with a key in it and a battery on a circuit board that has basically nothing on it. I would say tops there is 15 bucks in that fob. Good old corporate stick to people any chance you get.

OP
OP
VinRRR

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
That sounds about right

Haven't lost a Honda fob yet but had to replace a Mercedes fob 2 weeks after picking up the car, cost $500
But that's a Merc man. This is a freaking Civic! :(

Jesus. Have you opened one? its a plastic shell with a key in it and a battery on a circuit board that has basically nothing on it. I would say tops there is 15 bucks in that fob. Good old corporate stick to people any chance you get.
it's the red H badge man! Automatic times 3.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
What's involve in programming a new fob? Did they pull the ECU and/or re-wire the car? Or is this all thru ODB-II?
Sponsored