duhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello !

I'm new here!

I bought a 2018 civic hatchback ex in February and I've recently been looking into cosmetic changes for my car.

It's the lunar silver color. I'm thinking about adding mud flaps, plasti dipping the logos and other little things. Havent decided on the colors I'm torn between sticking to just black, or black and blue mix or black and pink mix. Any suggestions?

Also I want to relocate the front license plate so I can add a delete. Have you guys found any kits that look good and are easy ? Or have any tricks on how to do it ? I kinda dont wanna drill holes into my bumper if I dont have to.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello !

I'm new here!

I bought a 2018 civic hatchback ex in February and I've recently been looking into cosmetic changes for my car.

It's the lunar silver color. I'm thinking about adding mud flaps, plasti dipping the logos and other little things. Havent decided on the colors I'm torn between sticking to just black, or black and blue mix or black and pink mix. Any suggestions?

Also I want to relocate the front license plate so I can add a delete. Have you guys found any kits that look good and are easy ? Or have any tricks on how to do it ? I kinda dont wanna drill holes into my bumper if I dont have to.

Just bought mine at beginning of September. So far I've plasti-dip the emblem's, fuel door and tail lights. 20% tint, smoked side markers and wind visors. Also carbon fiber covers for door handles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex IMG_20181025_110225

OP
OP

duhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sick! I have my windows tinted too. I'm thinking of doing the smoked side markers and the visors. still havent decided if I wanna plasti dip in pink or black. Have you looked into relocating license plate?
Just bought mine at beginning of September. So far I've plasti-dip the emblem's, fuel door and tail lights. 20% tint, smoked side markers and wind visors. Also carbon fiber covers for door handles.

IMG_20181025_110225.jpg

azyriel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wrap your roof in black vinyl, makes a huge impact on the cars look. Cost me only $300 all in to have a shop wrap it. Or attempt it yourself.. Due to the 'shark fin' antenna on the roof, my shop just cut around it and ended up spraying it with plasti-dip to match it. Looks perfect. Good luck bro.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex IMG-0999-1-1-d

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tints ,type r shifter,intake, and some aftermarket wheels

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex bomba

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20171001_103320

OP
OP

duhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wrap your roof in black vinyl, makes a huge impact on the cars look. Cost me only $300 all in to have a shop wrap it. Or attempt it yourself.. Due to the 'shark fin' antenna on the roof, my shop just cut around it and ended up spraying it with plasti-dip to match it. Looks perfect. Good luck bro.
IMG-0999-1-1-dg.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex IMG-0999-1-1-d
For your handles what did you do? Over the weekend I plasti dipped the emblems and gas door and relocated license plate. My pics aren't that good so excuse me

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181028_192211

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181101_180321

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181101_180259

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181028_192211

Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181028_191931

azyriel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For your handles what did you
Handles are factory, they are just chromed because of the Touring trim - the pictures make it look like they are blacked out or something, personally I like the look of the chrome handles. It makes the side of the car "pop" the proof is you noticing them. If they were matching white it wouldnt be contrasted. I have done some more work on my car recently and will post some pictures here soon, pretty unique cosmetic look I havnt seen in any other civic on this website.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It's tough to have a side mount license plate due to the way our front bumper is. I used a combination of "L" brackets and a relocator bracket I found on ebay. It's not perfect but good enough for me.
Honda Civic 10th gen Cosmetic mods- 2018 civic hatchback ex 20181028_175821

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Hello !

I'm new here!

There's a thread a member DIY JDM license plate relocation. It's all in the "search" feature.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-side-mount-license-plate-no-drilling.28076/#post-486525

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
IMG-0999-1-1-dg.jpg
Looks good but $300 for a roof wrap and he didn't take off the shark fin? Yikes! I would do it for $150

croozer2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

IMG_20181025_110225.jpg
Do you like the mix of carbon fiber and black? I like your setup. I’m debating if I should stick with either just carbon fiber or just black.

rcamp356

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello !

I'm new here!

IMO I wouldn't plasti-dip, yes its cost effective and easy, but I would spend the money and go with OEM glossy emblem like these

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/2...sedan-exterior-accessories/08F20-TBA-100.html
Sponsored