Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi Dave, you're more than welcome to take my CTR out for a spin when your brakes arrive in 2 weeks :)

I've got a factory FSB, and the Whiteline 26mm RSB at the hard setting. Currently it's factory alignment and all other suspension bits are the same, although I have a box full of RV6 suspension upgrades awaiting install. The 26mm RSB squashes any understeer tendencies - I won't be changing the FSB anytime soon, but we can chat about setup when we meet up

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Thanks for the link but I was wondering if a weaker front bar might do the trick. Does anyone know if other Civic front sway bars would fit?
It would be nice (and cheap) if one would.

I looked up the part numbers.

Type R - 51300-TGH-A01
Others - 51300-TGG-A01

The description says the CTR part weighs 10 lbs. while the other one weighs 5.5. That would make it a much lighter bar, it seems.
The pictures in the part diagrams look the same for both, but the dimensions in the details section are very different.

CTR 46.2 x 14.2 x 2
Other 49 x 24.5 x 6.1

Not even close.
Without having both to look at I can't guess if this would work.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Hi Dave, you're more than welcome to take my CTR out for a spin when your brakes arrive in 2 weeks :)

I've got a factory FSB, and the Whiteline 26mm RSB at the hard setting. Currently it's factory alignment and all other suspension bits are the same, although I have a box full of RV6 suspension upgrades awaiting install. The 26mm RSB squashes any understeer tendencies - I won't be changing the FSB anytime soon, but we can chat about setup when we meet up
How does the rear sway bar feel / adjust what it feels like stock?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
When you're chasing a balance problem, understeer in this case, it's usually better to try to improve the end of the car that's not working.
With understeer, the rear is sticking while the front is sliding. If you can improve the grip at the front you'll have more total grip.
As a last resort you can improve the balance by taking grip away from the rear - with a bigger rear bar, for example. The total grip will be lower, but the balance will be better.
More toe out in the front will help with initial turn-in. The car will be less stable in a straight line, but the driver can deal with that.
A smaller front bar can help improve the grip on that end by reducing the load transfer to the outer wheel.
I like his thinking more on this. Ever think of a front splitter?

Brandondan1

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 91 Civic Si
Country flag
It would be nice (and cheap) if one would.

I looked up the part numbers.

Type R - 51300-TGH-A01
Others - 51300-TGG-A01

The description says the CTR part weighs 10 lbs. while the other one weighs 5.5. That would make it a much lighter bar, it seems.
The pictures in the part diagrams look the same for both, but the dimensions in the details section are very different.

CTR 46.2 x 14.2 x 2
Other 49 x 24.5 x 6.1

Not even close.
Without having both to look at I can't guess if this would work.
On the whiteline website it looks like the their front sway bar will fit both normal civics and type R. Eibach also makes a front bar for 10th gens, so may be worth asking them as well. Sure would be a lot of work to find out it doesn't fit though!

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
My Solution to this Understeer is to add a whiteline sway bar rear and use shorter tire at the rear. Currently using 275/265 front and 245 rear so the car is much more tail happy. I get much better rotation on the low speed corner and the car is acting much more like a rear wheel drive in corner now. Camber setting: -3.2 front, -2.5 rear.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
How does the rear sway bar feel / adjust what it feels like stock?
Haven't been out on track since install, but on street the 26mm Whiteline RSB on stiff setting really tightens up the rear end. On the stock wheels and tires and wet roads, it didn't take much to feel that the rear end wanted to step out - very controllable in the conditions as long as you're not braking while in the turn, or lift off in a fast bend.

Honda Civic 10th gen Correcting Understeer IMG-20210618-WA0003

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
You can always invest (after you win the mega millions...) in an F1 car and trailer it to the track (don't think your local law enforcement would take too kindly of you driving on the freeway in your F&F 6 inspired 'flip car' lol), and master driving it. You'll have to endure the effective weight generated from nearly 8 Gs of Lateral Acceleration at certain points... i.e., your head suddenly weighs over 80lbs lol! You'll never have to worry about understeer or oversteer again! ;) Oh and your neck size will increase overtime to compensate though... no big deal ;)
Sponsored