jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'm growing more concerned over the effect this whole thing is having on people's lives as a whole. Apart from coronavirus being a serious threat to public health, it is also proving to be detrimental to the economy. Small businesses and restaurants in my area are already struggling to stay afloat amid a society which is pretty much not leaving their homes at this point. That and there's a whole bunch of people not getting paid, getting laid off or being denied promotions. If this isn't contained within a month (which it probably won't it's looking like), it's seriously going to crumble society.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm growing more concerned over the effect this whole thing is having on people's lives as a whole. Apart from coronavirus being a serious threat to public health, it is also proving to be detrimental to the economy. Small businesses and restaurants in my area are already struggling to stay afloat amid a society which is pretty much not leaving their homes at this point. That and there's a whole bunch of people not getting paid, getting laid off or being denied promotions. If this isn't contained within a month (which it probably won't it's looking like), it's seriously going to crumble society.
No kidding. We're going to have to find some happy medium after we "come out from our bunkers". That's why I'm really hoping the good folks trying to come up with a vaccination can turn one around in record time to take care of the high-risk group. Those that aren't high risk will accept the risk of getting about our lives and may have to modify our social interactions for some time with the high risk group (i.e. I might have to not hug my mom/mother-in-law for awhile). Fortunately children aren't hit hard. I've read about the polio quarantines of the 1st half of the 20th century. The numbers weren’t very high but the fear it instilled made people hide their kids away. I can accept a lot of personal risk... and while I don't want anything to happen to elderly folks... my kids or kids in general getting crippled or killed by something isn't something my mind can wrap around.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-haunts-polio-epidemic-survivors/2868771001/

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Unfortunately this is going to be a big impact on small businesses the area I live in Florida is a large snow bird area a lot of mom and pop shops depend on the snow birds this pandemic started during spring training which is a large influx of business for this area. The company I work for deliver milk and dairy to small restaurants, diners ,schools coffee shops, hospitals we already cut six delivery trucks at of twelve this is bad for a company that filled chapter 11 a month ago. Unfortunately when this pandemic leaves also the snow bird
Will leave ( actually a lot are leaving now) it going to be very hard for these small businesses to recover because the population in this area in the summer time is thin

GeezR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Caterham, VW Touareg, Chevy Volt
Country flag
The country started the fiscal year with a $1T deficit. The same small government, fiscal hawk Republicans who excoriated Obama for his "bailouts" in '09 are crafting a $2T bailout as I type this. Figure another $1T in deficit due to the economy stopping in its tracks and losing that tax revenue and you have $4T deficit, and we are just getting started.

Hopefully our Prez's rosy predictions for a miracle cure, evaporation of the virus come warm weather, etc., will come true. If not, it is hard to comprehend how damaging this will be.

Is it fake news? That kind of reminds me of the person on the beach on a mild sunny day ignoring the looming hurricane warnings because it is so lovely out (If I cant see it, it's not real). Or the person who never wears a seat belt because they have never had an accident.

In the meantime, kudos to the folks here in healthcare and in other essential industries who are putting their lives on the line, often without adequate protection, for the sake of others.

And hopefully those who have some signs of this make it thru unscathed! I know those with children will be the most anxious but at least the early signs are that kids manage to avoid the worst of this

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
Here, everything or almost everything is closed.
In fact, only grocery stores, pharmacies and take-out
restaurants are open.
No gatherings are allowed, even in private places.
You can go out but alone and stay 4 to 6 feet away
from other people.
Today, I got in my SI and went for a ride, aimlessly,
just to take my mind off things, see nature and realize
how we were well before this damn virus attacked us.
The days are long, no more social contact except
telephone, internet, no more gym...but we have to
be optimistic.
I tell myself that some people are sick or dying, so
I can't complain.
In 3 to 4 weeks, the snow will have completely melted,
the tracks will be practicable and I will be able to ride my bike.
Who knows, maybe I'll buy myself a new bike to celebrate
my 82 nd birthday and the return of good times.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
virus is fake...the reactions are real
I can't believe I watched that video

I am literally dumber for that

I hate you for posting this utter shit

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I can't believe I watched that video

I am literally dumber for that

I hate you for posting this utter shit
I was about to say the same thing. I'm never getting those 7 minutes of my life back.

For another level of madness: read that video's comments on YouTube. I had to stop after a dozen, I couldn't take it anymore. I weep for humanity

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was about to say the same thing. I'm never getting those 7 minutes of my life back.

For another level of madness: read that video's comments on YouTube. I had to stop after a dozen, I couldn't take it anymore. I weep for humanity
I actually started the video with his doctor about viruses... I had to stop.

I then read some articles from academic journals concerning the topics he brings up (it's very dry molecular cellular biology)

Nanoparticles we really know nothing about are the cause if it all... Or not

It truly is maddening

Meanwhile those doomsday prophets are busy taking colloidal silver...

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I actually started the video with his doctor about viruses... I had to stop.

I then read some articles from academic journals concerning the topics he brings up (it's very dry molecular cellular biology)

Nanoparticles we really know nothing about are the cause if it all... Or not

It truly is maddening

Meanwhile those doomsday prophets are busy taking colloidal silver...
I didn't bother to research his claims because they were just so blatantly preposterous. "A virus has never been proven to kill anyone" - wtf, where does that theory even come from? "A virus can never go airborne" - no, viruses don't have tiny wings nor do they ride in microscopic dirigibles, but they can certainly travel in aerosolized fluids flying out of patients' noses/mouths. Ugh, such ignorance. That video has 2800 likes, so apparently there are many more people out there sharing these inane (and destructive) ideas.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't bother to research his claims because they were just so blatantly preposterous. "A virus has never been proven to kill anyone" - wtf, where does that theory even come from? "A virus can never go airborne" - no, viruses don't have tiny wings nor do they ride in microscopic dirigibles, but they can certainly travel in aerosolized fluids flying out of patients' noses/mouths. Ugh, such ignorance. That video has 2800 likes, so apparently there are many more people out there sharing these inane (and destructive) ideas.

HIV hasn't killed anyone, just the pneumonia you get from not being able to fight common bacterial agents. The virus didn't actually kill though did it? SMDH

TB isn't airborne...oh, wait... It is :banghead:
Sponsored