First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha. Yeah, there's no point in selling. On the other hand, you should buy crude. It always goes up and is the sure thing in energy.
American Airlines is looking like a good buy. I’m pondering pulling the trigger on some.
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I don't give a fuck about the Cover-19. Its an advanced stage of the flu thats it. We been living with it for years
While I understand your point, it's not influenza at all, so it is certainly not an "advanced stage of the flu". They only have similar disease presentation (symptoms) and are transmitted by contact, droplets and clothing/furniture/etc.

It's one of three "common cold" viruses that mainly allows opportunistic viruses like pneumonia to evade the person who is infected while their immune system is fighting the coronavirus. MERS-CoV (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus), SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus) and COVID-19 (Novel coronavirus) are strains that can be fatal to people whose immune systems are already compromised.

In the case of COVID-19, this specific coronavirus is causing more deaths because 75% of cases have shown bilateral lung involvement (both lungs are infected) when x-rays are compared with MERS and SARS, where one lung was affected or severely affected.

The serial interval (the time from infection to when you notice symptoms) for COVID-19 is 5-6 days (Updated to 2-14 days), which is why it's spreading like wildfire. Influenza's serial interval is just 3-days, so you'd figure out you're sick sooner and hopefully not spread it around to as many people. With COVID-19 - you understand where this is going - you assume you're fine for many days when you're really not. You've just been a carrier.

The fun bit:

It's the reason why children are a big problem. Their symptoms don't present as severely or they don't really notice they're getting sick in the early stages, yet their parents are all lovey dovey, smooch, smooch, smooch and carry that coronavirus off to work and kill their coworkers. haha. If there's a realistic way to get that job position you really wanted, now's the time to lean in close and tell your boss how much you admire them. hahaha.

Last edited:

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here it's hitting quite hard, now we have to keep a safe distance from anyone else of at least 1 meter, we can leave our home only for important reason (work, get groceries, going to help old peoples). Schools are closed, restaurant and other non essential shops must close at 6pm. Hope this get better soon because some peoples start to rave, other people continuing to live their "pre-virus" life instead, which is very dangerous (and illegal), because the virus spreads very quickly.
It is unreal, it is like living in a movie.
The land of boot has been hit the hardest in Europe, that's for sure. At this point, their position is, if you get sick, you get sick. If you live, you live. If you don't, you don't.

It's quite a harsh reality, but there's little they can do when the healthcare system is beyond its capacity.

I hope you and your family stay healthy. You'll have to skip seeing Nonna and Nonno for a while, amico!

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hardest Hits

China

Total Cases: 80,815 80,849
Active Cases: 13,486 10,716
Total Deaths: 3,177 3,199

Italy

Total Cases: 17,660 24,747
Active Cases: 14,955 20,603
Total Deaths: 1,266 1,809

Iran

Total Cases: 11,364 13,938
Active Cases: 7,321 8,624
Total Deaths: 514 724

Upper North America Hits

USA

Total Cases: 1,992 3,667
Active Cases: 1,920 3,540
Total Deaths: 41 68

Canada

Total Cases: 158 341
Active Cases: 146 329
Total Deaths: 1 1

Last edited:

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a great time to be alive... this is just a bump in the road we've not had to face for a while and will hopefully stay minor in nature. Even if it gets bad, humanity will shake it off and keep on chugging.
You're absolutely right on. We've never been so lucky to have the level of health we do in the world as a whole, even though there are many countries nowhere near the level they should be. Poverty is an obvious issue people prefer to ignore, but that's a whole other thread.. We have to be on guard, but people need to seriously stop thinking of The Walking Dead, buying up all the toilet paper, stashing food, etc. At the end of the day, 500 panicked people lined up to buy 1 roll of toilet paper just exposes 499 people to the virus..

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Hardest Hits

Upper North America Hits

USA

Total Cases: 1,992
Active Cases: 1,920
Total Deaths: 41
The problem with this particular calculus is that we really have no idea how many cases are active in the US. There's been very little testing of any kind - either due to CDC edict, or simply lack of testing kits. The total number of active cases could be 10 or 100 times the confirmed estimate above. Nobody knows. The good news (such as it is) is that it looks like the government is finally taking this seriously, and hopefully testing will be available to all in short order.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the reason why children are a big problem. Their symptoms don't present as severely or they don't really notice they're getting sick in the early stages, yet their parents are all lovey dovey, smooch, smooch, smooch and carry that coronavirus off to work and kill their coworkers. haha. If there's a realistic way to get that job position you really wanted, now's the time to lean in close and tell your boss how much you admire them. hahaha.
This all day long.

I know a few families in the situation and know it’s actually pretty prevalent that a lot of grandparents are raising their grandchildren. Last I saw not a single child under 10 had died... but the mortality rate is very heavily weighed to the older age group. Kids bringing this thing home to their grandma and pop pop and getting orphaned and maybe not having a parent to fall back to? That’d be awful.

I do think (hope) maybe the mortality rate may be estimated excessively high... and that there is an order of magnitude more people with it thinking it’s common cold and treating symptoms with OTC meds and continuing to function well. If that is true, the mortality rate should be proportionally lower, but we don’t know what we don’t know numbers-wise without widespread testing.

We can kind of guess whether this is going to be a big deal or fizzle out. I hope we can just say this thing, in hindsight, was just some BS supercold... with toilet paper memes left in its wake, and some fatalities... who were near and dear to their own, but who’s numbers never got higher than other prevalent sicknesses we’ve already got. I think we’re still months out from seeing how this thing really turns out... and I don’t think society is going to be good to take a knee for that long and we’ll have to get to a new normal. For now I’m still working as usual and the kids are still in school. The kids staying home and being quarantined away from the family to the base to do what needs to be done would suck. A lot.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem with this particular calculus is that we really have no idea how many cases are active in the US. There's been very little testing of any kind - either due to CDC edict, or simply lack of testing kits. The total number of active cases could be 10 or 100 times the confirmed estimate above. Nobody knows. The good news (such as it is) is that it looks like the government is finally taking this seriously, and hopefully testing will be available to all in short order.
Those are confirmed cases. Naturally, there are unconfirmed cases and those who don't know they're carrying the virus.

Shoey 124

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Here's how it affects me. I am a firefighter/paramedic working for the second largest fire Dept in Virginia. I also work as a set medic for when they film movies and TV shows in the area. My wife is an emergency room nurse for over 15 years. I drove a Honda Ridgeline for 10 years before I was allowed to get a new car. (The married people will understand that part). I wanted a type r, but with putting my wife through grad school it just wasn't meant to be. So things were going good the last couple years we did Homeland, WW84, Harriet, the good Lord Bird with Ethan hawke coming to showtime. AMC's the walking Dead spin of, the World Beyond, starting this spring and now working on the Kevin Durant produced show Swagger. It's about kids growing up in the inner cities of DC playing basketball. So I got myself a white 2019 Civic SI with 7000k miles on it. Man I love this car, kinda reminds me of my 2005 Honda's Civic I had back as a kid. So money had been ok and I just started to look into putting a system into my car. My Ridgeline has all kicker speakers, custom box with 10" kicker. Pioneer deck and a pioneer amp. I love it for my truck. Anyways here's how Coronavirus affecting me. Yesterday they said my kids couldn't go to school for 2 weeks. Me and the wife both work in jobs where we can't stay home, we have to come to work. So what do I do. Plus I were just advised that the TV show we were filming is shutting down for 2 weeks. So now I have to sit home with no extra money my and my 2 girls bugging me to death cause they're bored and there's nothing to do. Try to take them somewhere, but it's either closed or cost a bunch of money. I had wanted to start doing my system in my si, but I'm afraid I'll need that money for other things. Like if my wife gets quarantined and I end up being basically a single dad who works 56 hours a week for 2 weeks. Anyways enough about that. Any suggestions on what I could do a small things to make the audio system sound better. I figured I would just start with replacing some of the stock speakers. The 40-minute drive to the firehouse just kills me listening to the stock radio.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drove a Honda Ridgeline for 10 years before I was allowed to get a new car. (The married people will understand that part).
Single people understand it as well. I'm not your rolling wheels - I am the highway. I'm not here to help her get through life. I'm supposed to be her life. After 20-years of giving all I've got, I'm happily on my own with no one to piss and moan and my heart is all mine, not out on loan . Doot doot doot.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Unfortunately this is going to be a big hit financially on some companies to find out that schools will be closed for two weeks or more. My place of employment will be wasting thousands of gallons of school milk this is bad for a company that has filled for chapter 11

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
Two days ago, the Governement of Quebec decided to close
daycares, schools, universities,,,today, it goes even farther.
Bars, discotheques, cinemas, libraries,sports centers, arenas, gyms,
ski resorts,swimming pools...must close.
Restaurants will be able to stay open but at half capacity in order
to maintain a respectable distance between customers.
The aim is to limit the increase of the contagion which is not the case
in some countries: Italy, Spain, Iran, France...which took measures too late.
We vare 34 infected out of 8 millions, it will increase but not exponentially,
uncontrolable, to allow the health system to adaptad and receive the sick.
I wrote earlier that this crisis must be taken seriously.
I hope for your sake that the autorithies in your country are as forward-looking
that ours.

OP
OP
rr1443

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think ultimately, a lot of us would rather have over prepared rather than not prepare enough and see the consequences later on

on another note there's the problem of people not getting tested due to a lack of health insurance, plus fees for staying in the hospital on top of that which leads to more spreading. i think rep. Katie Porter recently got CDC to make testing for coronavirus free though
Sponsored