Cops that Speed and ride your tail......

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
I know cops do this stuff sometimes if they suspect your on drugs to freak you out into making a mistake that they can then pull you over for. Best thing to do is pull over to the slower lane and just chill staying within speed limit. If i do get pulled over i usually take my keys out of ignition and place it on the roof and put both hands in plainview on the steering wheels. They dont know me so it’s best to diffuse the situation this way, also found it best to just be straight up with them and not bs they are experts at detecting bs if you are cool with them and respectful they usually are too. In the event your dealing wih a nut cop who just doesnt like you, best to just take it and fight it in court later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If i do get pulled over i usually take my keys out of ignition and place it on the roof and put both hands in plainview on the steering wheels.
Interesting, never thought to do that. I would have done this with my old car, but now I don't want to scratch my new baby.

I sometimes think that line of thought can also make you more suspicious as well if that makes sense, as to say: "Hmm, now why would you concoct such a notion in the first place unless you have had run-ins in the past?" I don't know if that's how police would think, but I hope you know where I'm going with that.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Interesting, never thought to do that. I would have done this with my old car, but now I don't want to scratch my new baby.

I sometimes think that line of thought can also make you more suspicious as well if that makes sense, as to say: "Hmm, now why would you concoct such a notion in the first place unless you have had run-ins in the past?" I don't know if that's how police would think, but I hope you know where I'm going with that.
Totally see your point. A cop told me once best thing to do in order..1) turn off car, apply parking brake 2) turn on dome light 3) place both hands on wheel at 12 oclock. Not sure why i started putting keys on roof, overkill now that i think about it.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Looks suspicious going under speed limit???? At 4AM everyday I know exactly where the deer congregate. I see them everyday. Only a foot from the road. Do you really want to speed past deer???? I have seen but I have not had a deer land on my hood. Maybe the Civic is invisible or maybe I am exercising common sense? I am also driving in ECON mode and the car is sluggish as hell. But if I wanted power I would have bought the type "R" to be similar to my Mini Coupe. At 3 to 4 AM no one is on the roads here but cops. 90% of the time if I a car passes me it is a cop going the other direction. Knowing that there are deer will you run 45 mph? Can you stop on a dime?

My point is simple. If police need to speed such as 80 mph they need to have lights on. There was a similar case where the cop hit a person and went to jail in my town. They have to obey the law to is my only point. Cops are not above the law. At this hour to run that speed to tail gate me is illegal. So I guess cops can do no wrong? Seems to be the political view.

As a CPA/CGMA fortunately I have the resources to necessary if I need to hire an attorney. I also feel much better now have installed my dash cam that records video and audio. In the meantime time, I drive safe per conditions and if needed I have proof of anything that happened. As I always say, Trust but verify. Or the X-Files motto, Trust no one. If something bad happens at least I have video of the truth. Does not mean I will not get screwed. Do I have faith in the system? No. Too many past experiences to get into here.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Looks suspicious going under speed limit???? At 4AM everyday I know exactly where the deer congregate. I see them everyday. Only a foot from the road. Do you really want to speed past deer????
Normally, I'd say that going under the speed limit would draw suspicion. But you're right -- at 4 AM where the deer [and buffalo] roam, it's better to be safe than sorry. Extra lights wouldn't cut down your stopping distances from 80mph anyway.

I've seen too many deer in the 'burbs around here to take my car hammering around the roads over the speed limit at night. I've learned how easy it is to get my car out of shape and sideways, and there's no margin for that kind of stuff on these narrow two-lane roads.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks suspicious going under speed limit???? At 4AM everyday I know exactly where the deer congregate. I see them everyday. Only a foot from the road. Do you really want to speed past deer???? I have seen but I have not had a deer land on my hood. Maybe the Civic is invisible or maybe I am exercising common sense? I am also driving in ECON mode and the car is sluggish as hell. But if I wanted power I would have bought the type "R" to be similar to my Mini Coupe. At 3 to 4 AM no one is on the roads here but cops. 90% of the time if I a car passes me it is a cop going the other direction. Knowing that there are deer will you run 45 mph? Can you stop on a dime?

My point is simple. If police need to speed such as 80 mph they need to have lights on. There was a similar case where the cop hit a person and went to jail in my town. They have to obey the law to is my only point. Cops are not above the law. At this hour to run that speed to tail gate me is illegal. So I guess cops can do no wrong? Seems to be the political view.

As a CPA/CGMA fortunately I have the resources to necessary if I need to hire an attorney. I also feel much better now have installed my dash cam that records video and audio. In the meantime time, I drive safe per conditions and if needed I have proof of anything that happened. As I always say, Trust but verify. Or the X-Files motto, Trust no one. If something bad happens at least I have video of the truth. Does not mean I will not get screwed. Do I have faith in the system? No. Too many past experiences to get into here.
Yeah I used to think that they were driving fast for no reason too. But as explained before if they are going to a call for service and don't want the criminal to know you are coming,you drive fast with no lights and sirens. Just do a ride along with your local police it will help your bias.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Looks suspicious going under speed limit????
going under the speed limit is totally suspicious lol. Because only very few people do it, and those that do are usually trying to not run off the road due to being impaired. I mentioned in my initial post that bashed going less than the speed limit, that I would be assuming that conditions are good for driving. Obviously driving at 4am before the sun is up in the middle of the country on a dirt road doesnt constitute "good conditions". But you asked about why someone would ride your tail, and we responded that driving under the speed limit is both annoying and in the case of the cops, suspicious. You can do whatever you want and you dont have to answer to anyone but yourself and the cops for your choices, so you do you lol

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Speaking on deer....
There was a police car off the interstate waiting for help to remove a dead deer. Might have been hit by a 18 wheeler. I was not too concerned when a had my Toyota Tundra TRD with the push bars on the front. In a Civic if you hit a deer I would imagine that would trigger the air bags. The car might not fair so well however around were I live the deer look under fed and skinny.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Speaking on deer....
There was a police car off the interstate waiting for help to remove a dead deer. Might have been hit by a 18 wheeler. I was not too concerned when a had my Toyota Tundra TRD with the push bars on the front. In a Civic if you hit a deer I would imagine that would trigger the air bags. The car might not fair so well however around were I live the deer look under fed and skinny.
yeah tbh i think hitting a deer would likely total a civic, especially if hit at-speed on a highway. If not, it seems to be at the perfect height to have ground deer splatter all throughout the inside of the passenger cabin so you'd probably need to replace all your upholstery anyways lol

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Go to the cop bar and hang a while.
Just don't drive home after drinking anything unless it's O'doul's or Ginger Ale.

Based on the time and conditions you noted, if I were on duty I would suspect you're driving home hammered hoping you won't get caught, being so careful and under the speed limit.
Last night my girlfriend and I were coming home from my mom's and this wonderful individual with New York plates sped up into the right lane that merges into the one I was in (far right lane of 3 total lanes, he was in a fourth lane that ends) and almost hit us. Not an ounce of remorse as he kept driving erratically, weaving in and out of traffic and tailgating/speeding/swerving etc. Not a cop to be seen anywhere.
But when nothing is going on they are sitting on every entrance ramp waiting for something to happen, or so it seems at least.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I believe Virginia and Washington DC are the only places they are illegal in the U.S.
So it turns out. There were more such states some time ago, but now all the other states got smart. Virginia has more stupid old laws, but the radar detector ban is actually being enforced.

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
True story...

Back when I had an '04 Audi S4, I was speeding, doing about 62 in a 45. The cop rolled up on me so fast and so hard that he rear ended me. Scared the crap out of me for sure. Anyway, instead of writing me a ticket he had to write up an accident report and just let me go with a verbal warning. He looked like a rookie cop and was pretty embarrassed. I'm sure his superiors weren't too pleased with him.

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Sadly hondas do get a bad rap with cops and are profiled (at least that I've noticed in socal). I used to drive a 2008 Porsche Cayman. I had 100% opaque tint all around except for windshield, no front plate, yellow headlights, and not once got pulled over. I picked up a Si and got a ticket for no front plate lol I've (never) received a ticket for no front plate! Also have noticed a couple in the year I've had the car appear to get behind me and run plates. Once in Nevada, another time in Cali.
Sponsored