Cool Honda Heritage - Not a Civic, but the forerunner of the Civic

georgewny

66 Stang / 80 Triumph TR7 Spider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Shelby GT350H convertible clone (black n gold), '07 Honda Odyssey EX (blue), '11 BMW 335IX (diamond sapphire black), '14 Mercedes C300 Pearl White, '16 Honda Civic EX w Sensing (rallye red)
Here is a really great example of the forerunner to the Civic.
The last year of production of the Honda N600.
This beauty is in excellent condition, and is so cool in a very weird and retro way!
List price less then most pay for state sales taxes on our 10th gen Civics.
Anyway, figure there are other Honda fans out there that would enjoy seeing this one.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-honda-n600-3/
Sponsored

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man, that thing is actually really cool!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta love those 10" wheels.:eek:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s one being restored by a local dealer, and one from the Honda Heritage Center museum. My son there is 5’11”.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cool Honda Heritage - Not a Civic, but the forerunner of the Civic 12F272D1-AFA8-41D8-AC6F-7469F58AF74F

Honda Civic 10th gen Cool Honda Heritage - Not a Civic, but the forerunner of the Civic FC2B66C0-5422-4DBC-9590-16BBEA686CEB

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
The N600 sedan was my first car. I bought one used in college for $300. I think they sold for $1300 new which is less than the front seat of my Acura RSX. It was the funnest car I've ever driven. I didn't have to slow down for turns. I just turned and the car would fly around corners. I got about 50mpg on the road. Biggest problem was the heater. The air cooled engine had a manifold around the exhaust that funneled a little warm air into the cabin but it wasn't enough for Idaho winters. I can remember a difficult descent down Teton Pass one winter where I was furiously rubbing fog off the front glass because the engine wasn't making enough heat going downhill to keep the glass clear. Practical jokers would sometimes pick my car up by the bumpers and move it to a different parking space. Lots of good memories of that great car and they are certainly worth restoration.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The N600 sedan was my first car. I bought one used in college for $300. I think they sold for $1300 new which is less than the front seat of my Acura RSX. It was the funnest car I've ever driven. I didn't have to slow down for turns. I just turned and the car would fly around corners. I got about 50mpg on the road. Biggest problem was the heater. The air cooled engine had a manifold around the exhaust that funneled a little warm air into the cabin but it wasn't enough for Idaho winters. I can remember a difficult descent down Teton Pass one winter where I was furiously rubbing fog off the front glass because the engine wasn't making enough heat going downhill to keep the glass clear. Practical jokers would sometimes pick my car up by the bumpers and move it to a different parking space. Lots of good memories of that great car and they are certainly worth restoration.
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your walk down memory lane.
Sponsored