Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
How long do you normally own a car? If you're a long-haul type of owner (10 years+), you need to factor in the total cost of ownership, including replacing the battery pack at whatever exorbitant charge is associated with it (and can only be done by licensed facilities or Tesla will turn off features), as well as the electronic control systems. Also add in the cost of a proper charging system and installation.

If you change vehicles on a very regular basis, it might make sense, assuming the Tesla holds its resale value. They're trendy, much like Apple products. Trendy things don't generally maintain value well once the 'Next Big Thing' comes out.

If you're really interested in making this swap, I'd rent one for a couple of months and see if it suits your lifestyle. The CTR has an artificially inflated resale value right now.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
How long do you normally own a car? If you're a long-haul type of owner (10 years+), you need to factor in the total cost of ownership, including replacing the battery pack at whatever exorbitant charge is associated with it (and can only be done by licensed facilities or Tesla will turn off features), as well as the electronic control systems. Also add in the cost of a proper charging system and installation.

If you change vehicles on a very regular basis, it might make sense, assuming the Tesla holds its resale value. They're trendy, much like Apple products. Trendy things don't generally maintain value well once the 'Next Big Thing' comes out.

If you're really interested in making this swap, I'd rent one for a couple of months and see if it suits your lifestyle. The CTR has an artificially inflated resale value right now.
I think another thing to consider is how digitally connected this type of vehicle is to grid meaning at some point it can probably be hacked and stolen. Maybe Elon Musk could be watching you when you least notice it. ?

I like our Type R because it has a pretty good security mechanism- a manual transmission which maybe not many car enthusiast people in this new generation neither understand or know how to drive.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This was a while ago. Model 3 kept riding my rear bumper so I was curious what it could do. It probably needed a driver mod, but it seemed to be all over the place, and couldn't really keep up.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
This was a while ago. Model 3 kept riding my rear bumper so I was curious what it could do. It probably needed a driver mod, but it seemed to be all over the place, and couldn't really keep up.

other than constantly crossing the yellow line it kept up pretty well I'd say. Probably on some shit all seasons too which is even more impressive unless you're on all seasons

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
other than constantly crossing the yellow line it kept up pretty well I'd say. Probably on some shit all seasons too which is even more impressive unless you're on all seasons
Yeah, I had all seasons Continental DWS06.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
That Tesla would have ended up in a ditch if it tried to take the corners like what the Type R can do. In a straight line at the track with instant torque any day but not all roads in America are straight from point A-Z. ?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
That Tesla would have ended up in a ditch if it tried to take the corners like what the Type R can do. In a straight line at the track with instant torque any day but not all roads in America are straight from point A-Z. ?
I wasn’t arguing the type r can out drive a Tesla model 3 (unless its the performance model on equal tires).

i was just saying in that video it wasn’t left behind. It had to take more aggressive lines but stayed the same distance.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wasn’t arguing the type r can out drive a Tesla model 3 (unless its the performance model on equal tires).

i was just saying in that video it wasn’t left behind. It had to take more aggressive lines but stayed the same distance.
The dash cam footage kind of changes the perspective, but overall the Model 3 stayed about 5-7 cars behind. It maybe gained just a tiny bit at an instance or two but in my opinion, gaining and staying 2-3 cars behind is keeping up, and the driver/car was not able to.

Byall means, I am sure the Model 3 is capable with the right driver, along with tires and suspension.

Two totally different cars for sure.

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
Lol. unlike most people posting. I own a 2021 ctr and I also own a 2022 model 3 LR AWD. I assure you most of what was posted here is incorrect. what I will say is it really depends on your needs. I like them both for different reasons. I wouldn’t compare the two because they were built with two different purposes and they both do what they do very well. I could pick each car apart. And depending which forum you go to most destroy the other. I like them both and drive them both. I have had zero issues with my Tesla. And small issues with my Honda - infotainment freezing. Emissions /rev match error. But I can say I have no desire to sell either car. What I will say regarding the tesla if you don’t have the ability to charge it at home I would really think about it. I have a charger on my house so basically charging it is effortless. I wouldn’t want to a sit at a charging station personally.
The model 3 is faster. The CTR as we all know is slow off the line. The Tesla is heavier but feels lighter. The reason the guy in the video is all over the line because the Tesla has lighter steering wheel response. the Ctr has heavy steering and a German car feel which is what I like most about it. Also the Ctr was built to be “driven”. but as I said before. i Won’t part with either one.

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Yeah, I had all seasons Continental DWS06.
Imagine if you had the stock Conti's Summers you would have dusted him....This car is crazy on Summer tires

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Convince you? Bruh, sell the civic. Get what you want. Or keep the civic and get the tesla anyway. Or sell the civic and get a hooker and an eight ball of cocaine. Don't do the last one but point is that if it's a financially feasible move that won't hurt you in any way then try it and do what makes you happy.
Sponsored