First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Bad time to buy a car at the moment.
Keep the Type R. Pay it down if you owe on it and use equity down the road when market evens out.

The Type R will hold and exceed its value over the Integra. You will miss the Type R after driving the Integra.

I’ve had two Type R’s in one year. Bought a 2021 cash OTD realized I could make money on it after 6 months and found myself buying a 2021 Accord Touring. Hated it, bought my now owned 2019 CTR and will never sell.
Sponsored

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
I’d do it.
The Integra is basically a Civic Si, but with a hatch and an automatic transmission option. If you want a car that handles well for the street and has a similar characteristic as the Type R, this seems like the best bet. I have a Civic EX hatchback that I daily drive, and I love the heck out of that little car - it has something like 30hp less than the Integra, so I’d say it’s plenty sporty for what you want.
As a side note, I wouldn’t call the market “softening” on the R - it’s just correcting because so many knucklehead dealers saw them jumping in price and gobbled them up. There’s a ton for sale because of the inflated prices. The true scarcity of the product will swing back around into play in the next year or so, fwiw.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We got an Integra on Order. Super eager to get our hands on it.

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I looked at those a couple years ago, and was impressed. Sadly, no manual in the xDrive version then, and from what I see now on their site, no manual at all for current models except the M2? It's a great car but not one I would want without a third pedal.

But then, I have pretty much decided I don't want _any_ car without a manual transmission, at least until I have to go electric.
Yea quite frankly, I'm not as in need of a manual as I once was.

The reason for my choice were I felt it was the ultimate blend for a daily - fun, nice, and capable.

AWD, almost 400hp, insanely nice interior space, options and features that I value. Lastly, my better half can drive it without me worrying about the clutch.

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Bad time to buy a car at the moment.
Keep the Type R. Pay it down if you owe on it and use equity down the road when market evens out.

The Type R will hold and exceed its value over the Integra. You will miss the Type R after driving the Integra.

I’ve had two Type R’s in one year. Bought a 2021 cash OTD realized I could make money on it after 6 months and found myself buying a 2021 Accord Touring. Hated it, bought my now owned 2019 CTR and will never sell.
I actually bought a new car last weekend. I took advantage of the inflated trade value while I still had it. Got close to 46k for mine in case anyone was wondering.

Paid msrp for my new car - 2022 BMW m240i

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
AWD, almost 400hp, insanely nice interior space, options and features that I value. Lastly, my better half can drive it without me worrying about the clutch.
All excellent reasons! It's about the only BMW at this point other than the M2 that I would even consider. The rest of their cars have become bloated or fugly or both. Though the i4 electric, as ugly as it is, does at least deliver more than a Tesla in that price range.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The M240i was definitely a more interesting choice than the Acura.
A lot of respected reviewers like the M240i quite a bit, and it is easy to see why.
It is a rocket ship, and one of BMW's better efforts.

For me, I am not willing to give up shifting a manual. Or the extra storage, rear seat legroom, steering feel, grip and braking of the Honda.

BMW M240i Honda Civic Type R
0-60 3.6 sec 4.9
Quarter mile 12.1 sec at 114 mph 13.6 sec at 107 mph

70-0 braking 153 feet 144 feet
Skid pad g .94 1.04

Rear legroom 32.3 inches 35.9 inches
Storage 14 cubic feet 26/46 cubic feet seats up /down

But I can totally see the appeal in the Bavarian rocket. My second car was a BMW, always had a soft spot for the marque.

Enjoy many safe, fun years.

chrisz5z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R - Boost Blue
Country flag
The Integra just looks like another plain Acura. The only thing that's distinct about it is the "INTEGRA" stamp on the bumper.

So yea, if it came with a K20C1 & looked completely different then I'd...nevermind the CTR fits that profile

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure? i mean it looks like a freaking turtle :thumbsdown:

Honda Civic 10th gen Contemplating trading the Type R for the new Integra 1649475968567

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
The M240i was definitely a more interesting choice than the Acura.
A lot of respected reviewers like the M240i quite a bit, and it is easy to see why.
It is a rocket ship, and one of BMW's better efforts.

For me, I am not willing to give up shifting a manual. Or the extra storage, rear seat legroom, steering feel, grip and braking of the Honda.

BMW M240i Honda Civic Type R
0-60 3.6 sec 4.9
Quarter mile 12.1 sec at 114 mph 13.6 sec at 107 mph

70-0 braking 153 feet 144 feet
Skid pad g .94 1.04

Rear legroom 32.3 inches 35.9 inches
Storage 14 cubic feet 26/46 cubic feet seats up /down

But I can totally see the appeal in the Bavarian rocket. My second car was a BMW, always had a soft spot for the marque.

Enjoy many safe, fun years.
Yeah I definitely miss the brakes on the Type R but thats about it. I'm hoping that I can upgrade the brakes with a factory option that brings that gap a little closer.

The rear leg room doesn't bother me. I don't usually have anyone in my back seat. My wife and I have no kids, and our second vehicle is a forester.

MK2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
🤷‍♂️Man these guys are tough. If you don't mind the loss in speed, then why not get something with some leather in it, power seats, and a headunit that actually works.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
If the new type r has wireless car play i may end up with the midcycle refresh. Headunit is such a blaring flaw in the fk8.

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
If the new type r has wireless car play i may end up with the midcycle refresh. Headunit is such a blaring flaw in the fk8.
Honestly, the horrific infotainment and lack of blind spot are what forced me to make a change. The complete unreliability of the infotainment when it something I depend upon every day was unacceptable in a 2021 model. Not to mention I go more than I paid on trade, it was a no brainer.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I hope I don't jinx myself, but I have had zero issues with the infotainment in my car. Apple CarPlay works great, what are you guys having issues with?

My wife's 2021 430i infotainment sounds a lot better, but the bluetooth CarPlay cuts in and out on occasion and it selects whichever phone it decides to select when we get in the car. It's not perfect by a long shot.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
To each their own.

I could care less about BSW in the CTR. I can use my properly adjusted mirrors and the flexibility of my neck that allows me to glance to the side in my blind spot to make sure there isn't a car there. Infotainment. again I could care less. If I get tired of listening to the engine noises I know a good local FM station that works every time I turn to it. The CTR isn't designed to be your "Father's Oldsmobile" and I'm 71 so probably old enough to be your Dad/Granddad. This is a performance car and as such I am happy it doesn't have all the crap my Volvo SUV has. Although I do enjoy those features in that vehicle. Different category of vehicle.

Glad you are happy with your decision. Drive on in good health.
Honestly, the horrific infotainment and lack of blind spot are what forced me to make a change. The complete unreliability of the infotainment when it something I depend upon every day was unacceptable in a 2021 model. Not to mention I go more than I paid on trade, it was a no brainer.
Sponsored

Last edited: