First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
To each their own.

I could care less about BSW in the CTR. I can use my properly adjusted mirrors and the flexibility of my neck that allows me to glance to the side in my blind spot to make sure there isn't a car there. Infotainment. again I could care less. If I get tired of listening to the engine noises I know a good local FM station that works every time I turn to it. The CTR isn't designed to be your "Father's Oldsmobile" and I'm 71 so probably old enough to be your Dad/Granddad. This is a performance car and as such I am happy it doesn't have all the crap my Volvo SUV has. Although I do enjoy those features in that vehicle. Different category of vehicle.

Glad you are happy with your decision. Drive on in good health.
Yea, here is the rub, I need to navigate to and from work everyday. So having an infotainment that constantly froze, etc, was a dealbreaker. Especially since Honda doesn't have a fix and many with replacement units still have issues. There are lengthy threads about it here, and articles written online about units in many Honda vehicles are extremely unreliable.

I have a feeling I would love the new gen type R but I'm sure getting one will be a huge pain in the ass for awhile. With everyone charing an obscene markup, I'm able to get a lot more car (in some ways) for the same money. I know the Type R is a performance car, but there are performance cars that are of higher build qualities in some ways that I personally appreciate in daily driver.

Lastly, I got the wide angle mirrors and didn't have much an issue. However, in the environment I drive with a ton of merges, having it is amazing.
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I ended up trading my car in last weekend gents.

2022 BMW M240i
That purple is awesome...however...no MT...so...no sale. Besides...more expensive than the CTR, so that's a 'no' from me. To each, their own, tho...I'm sure you'll enjoy it - and that's what counts.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Yea, here is the rub, I need to navigate to and from work everyday. So having an infotainment that constantly froze, etc, was a dealbreaker. Especially since Honda doesn't have a fix and many with replacement units still have issues. There are lengthy threads about it here, and articles written online about units in many Honda vehicles are extremely unreliable.

I have a feeling I would love the new gen type R but I'm sure getting one will be a huge pain in the ass for awhile. With everyone charing an obscene markup, I'm able to get a lot more car (in some ways) for the same money. I know the Type R is a performance car, but there are performance cars that are of higher build qualities in some ways that I personally appreciate in daily driver.

Lastly, I got the wide angle mirrors and didn't have much an issue. However, in the environment I drive with a ton of merges, having it is amazing.
Understand. Didn't know about all the info issues as I tend not to read those threads because most/all does not apply to me. Your point about daily driving in a busy environment is well taken. Out here in flyover country I don't have to deal with much of that in addition to the fact that I don't daily drive any of my cars. It is more of a "which do you want to drive..." deal. Retirement has it's plus's! My guess is you are right about the new CTR being treated like something special by the dealers.

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
What elevated price tag? Did you pay a heavy markup on your Type R?
I personally didn’t but it’s a known thing. Most dealers charge a markup for CTRs. It’ll probably be worse for the new one too.

When I bought mine, I had to travel roughly 300 miles away to the middle of no where to get a fair deal. Everyone near me had a 5-10k markup.

OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
That purple is awesome...however...no MT...so...no sale. Besides...more expensive than the CTR, so that's a 'no' from me. To each, their own, tho...I'm sure you'll enjoy it - and that's what counts.
Yea the purple is cool but I went with grey.

It honestly wasn’t much more expensive than my trade. 46k on trade and 50k for the car.

For the 4k difference, it was a lot more car. Had the CTR not been worth so much, then that’s definitely a different story.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Is anyone else considering trading in their Type R for the new Integra?

Before you freak out, hear me out.

1) I don't track my car ever
2) I don't even drive aggressively
3) It'll still have a manual transmission which I greatly enjoy
4) It will have a nicer interior
5) The styling is more reserved - I like the Type R styling just fine
6) More economical - I don't care about the difference but it is a perk
7) Will probably get a bunch of cash back if it came quickly - my 2021 has only 4k miles now
8) I value greatly the upgraded infotainment, digital dash, HUD, and radio

As an aside, if they released a type S version with the Type R drivetrain, I'd gladly buy that instead. Not holding my breath
Drive it first it's a big difference but if you drive it like a normal commuter car then yes definitely get something cheaper.
Sponsored