Console Illumination kit... compared to ambient interior lighting.

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Also, does anybody know if the Sport red lighting kit will work on EX models?

08E16-TEA-110A
It will . I installed the blue sport kit on my ex

I would highly recommend to have a dealer install tho.

It's about a 4 hour job for a dealer .

I purchased both the center console illumination and the floor (pedal area) illumination.

I would advice against the pedal illumination oem from Honda. It is very dull in color. And rather pricey after purchase and install it's probably about a 200 dollar investment.

You can buy a 10 dollar led kit from Amazon and double sticky tape it on and it looks way better and u save 95% of your cash..

That's just my opinion tho
Sponsored

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
It will . I installed the blue sport kit on my ex

I would highly recommend to have a dealer install tho.

It's about a 4 hour job for a dealer .

I purchased both the center console illumination and the floor (pedal area) illumination.

I would advice against the pedal illumination oem from Honda. It is very dull in color. And rather pricey after purchase and install it's probably about a 200 dollar investment.

You can buy a 10 dollar led kit from Amazon and double sticky tape it on and it looks way better and u save 95% of your cash..

That's just my opinion tho
Thanks for getting back to me. Just making sure the harness looks like the one in the picture below. Since Honda's part number was a little different I was a little leary.

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination kit...  compared to ambient interior lighting. IMG_0908.JPG

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for getting back to me. Just making sure the harness looks like the one in the picture below. Since Honda's part number was a little different I was a little leary.

IMG_0908.JPG

I dont know exactly what it looks like as I had the honda dealer install it after reading reviews online of its difficult install.
With that said I bought exactly what you have pictures and they installed it.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
:)Thanks again for getting back to me.

The 4 hour install doesn't scare me. I have done all sorts of stuff to my 2013 Ford Escape, like adding factory Nav, hacking the BCM to get global open and close windows, install Euro led tail lights, etc. The list is long to the point my wife is jealous. He-he

But your right, these lights will be a nice Saturday project. Couple of beers, a union break or two, maybe a quickie for good measure. :)

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I just had both the console illumination kit and interior lighting installed. It took over four hours at the dealer. I do really like the LED stripe on the console. It is not as white as it appears in some pictures, but is a pretty blue. It was worth it. As for the footwell lighting (interior illumination), I don't know that I like it. I don't not like it, but I'm not sure that I like it. I'll have to drive around at night (just been in the garage at this point - still daylight). The location seems off-center in the footwell, so it only puts a little blue light on the driver's foot (the left side of the driver's foot well is pretty dark). Passenger side seems okay, maybe a bit off center to the right. They are a pretty blue, though, and nice and faint, for night driving. Neither one turns on unless the car's lights are on. They do NOT turn on when you get in the car (with the door lights). Honda should have programmed these to come on with the doors, so you could look at the pretty stripe as you are getting in - that is the best viewing position. I think the attached picture accurately reflects the color of the blue stripe, but the camera didn't pick up the footwell illumination.
24216717395_e0d0b7cb26_k.jpg
Did you have a soft, white light inside the little cubby in front of the shifter before getting the console illumination installed?

Does that white light still work after getting the console illumination installed?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
been wanting this illumination kit and glad i finally found a forum talking about it so would you all say its not worth it to get the pedal lights and only get the red lights on the center console?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i just got my interior lights installed on Saturday i like them a lot but dealing with my dealership was a major pain in the ass

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination kit...  compared to ambient interior lighting. civic interior shot.JPG