Console Illumination kit... compared to ambient interior lighting.

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Still in the very early stages of looking at the Civic but was definitely interested in adding the console illumination. Can't seem to find many good pictures online to tell whether or not it'd be worth it. I don't think I want the interior lights at this point, but not sure. Would just doing one and not the other be worth it?
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still in the very early stages of looking at the Civic but was definitely interested in adding the console illumination. Can't seem to find many good pictures online to tell whether or not it'd be worth it. I don't think I want the interior lights at this point, but not sure. Would just doing one and not the other be worth it?
I like them both. They complement each other. Here's a picture but they are brighter in person. Dimmable with the console dimming control.

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination kit...  compared to ambient interior lighting. 20160325_203806

Jesse H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a few photos posted here: http://www.civicx.com/garage/my-first-car.83/. I really like both. The consol illumination is much more visible when you're getting in the car. Once you sit down the center console sort of hides it from the driver's view. Interior illumination gives the whole front portion of the car a nice soft blue glow when you're driving at night.

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Thanks for the replies guys. They look really nice. Still hard to judge with just pictures though. If you could only have one or the other which is more worth it? Or does it really have to be a package deal in your opinions?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the replies guys. They look really nice. Still hard to judge with just pictures though. If you could only have one or the other which is more worth it? Or does it really have to be a package deal in your opinions?
I would go with the footeell lighting if one of them for functionality (dropping things at night). Both should go together though. If you are handy, there is an installation video somewhere. Save on labor cost.

Jesse H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, the interior illumination for the footwells is definitely better in terms of functionality. If you're going to get one or the other i'd go with that. You can always add the console light bar (or the really nice looking illuminated door sill trim :thumbsup:) later on.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, the interior illumination for the footwells is definitely better in terms of functionality. If you're going to get one or the other i'd go with that. You can always add the console light bar (or the really nice looking illuminated door sill trim :thumbsup:) later on.
If you are going to get the illuminated door sill trim consider the Asian OEM. Comes with 4 pieces compared to US version which come with front only. Less too I think. Available here.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1105...723054&loc=http://myworld.ebay.com/riennakane

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination kit...  compared to ambient interior lighting. $_122 (1)

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Question...does anyone see a way to make the center console lights red?

My interior is all lit up red and the blue jus wont fit.

Anyone ever see/know of someone changing the color?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question...does anyone see a way to make the center console lights red?

My interior is all lit up red and the blue jus wont fit.

Anyone ever see/know of someone changing the color?
I think, because they are circuit board LEDs, that the only way to do it would be to disassemble and solder some new bulbs in place of the old ones. PITA

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the console lighting it is a pretty blue. However, the dealer had already installed it and I don't think it's that big of a deal frankly. Another thing I had to negotiate down because the dealer added all these extras. So ridiculous.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the console lighting it is a pretty blue. However, the dealer had already installed it and I don't think it's that big of a deal frankly. Another thing I had to negotiate down because the dealer added all these extras. So ridiculous.
Alot of dealers do that, though generally I think they do it more to the upper trims. Yours is a touring right? You mind taking a pic of the underside of your rear dash speakers and posting it in the link below?

http://www.civicx.com/posts/72202/

Sorry....:topic:

Last edited:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

Rannhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Based on the complexity of the install, might as well do both at the same time because you will end up ripping up the same parts anyways. I was thinking about doing the same but gave up after reading these.

http://www.hondapartworld.com/image/data/2016 Honda Civic 4 Door/08E16-TBA-110.pdf

http://www.hondapartworld.com/image/data/2016 Honda Civic 4 Door/08E10-TBA-100.pdf
Yes..that is alot for interior effects. Puzzling that Honda did not put more effort in door sill variety. ..particularly the coupe.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
In the past Honda's ambient lighting kits are always on when your running lights or headlights are on. Is this still the same condition? No ability to turn them off while driving at night?

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Also, does anybody know if the Sport red lighting kit will work on EX models?

08E16-TEA-110A
Sponsored