Console Illumination (08E16-TBA-110 / 08E16-TEA-110A) takes over white light above wireless charger?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
My wife's Sport doesn't have it either, there is a small opening there but no light. From what I can tell, there should be a light there standard across the board. I'm going to take her car for its first free oil change in a couple weeks and ask about it then.
That would be cool. Keep me posted! :)
Sponsored

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
That would be cool. Keep me posted! :)
So 2 service advisors, 2 techs and the parts guy all think I'm crazy because they know nothing about the light and they had no '17 Sports to compare it to and by that point I was hungry and annoyed so I left. Gonna check the other Honda dealer one day soon.

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So 2 service advisors, 2 techs and the parts guy all think I'm crazy because they know nothing about the light and they had no '17 Sports to compare it to and by that point I was hungry and annoyed so I left. Gonna check the other Honda dealer one day soon.
I believe the light is only for EX or better (Hatch, Coupe, Sedan). I dont see the light is there either on Hatch Sport, so I bought the light (34750-TBA-A01) but the harness is not there. can someone make the harness?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I'm starting to believe that the Sports don't have the light.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Sports don't have the light.

They also didn't come with that sliding coin try in the center console. They also didnt come with the rubber mat in the secondary lower cubby. They also didn't come with the rubber mat thats inside the center console.

Honda screwed the Sport trim owners by basically giving you a base model civic with a center exit exhaust.

edit - i'm a scorned hatchback sport owner.

edit 2 - OP, you say that you have a sport touring hatch but in your pics, you dont have the upgraded stereo headunit - you have the base model one. if you have a regular sport, you dont have the white light that illuminates the console pocket...

qukquk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX 6MT
Country flag
Hi do you get 2 lights? Or only 1?
I am just about to retrofit it with the normal led light bulb and attached the Eco bottom switch which you will use the same wiring once install the ambient light kit.

I believe the light is only for EX or better (Hatch, Coupe, Sedan). I dont see the light is there either on Hatch Sport, so I bought the light (34750-TBA-A01) but the harness is not there. can someone make the harness?

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
**edit** Never mind, I got confused at the type of lighting kit.

Last edited:

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
Im going to get the Oznium surface mount LEDs in red and "add" it to my wife's Sport in the same location since the opening is there. On amazon they have a 3 pack for $11 or so, so Ill probably do the front of the console, in the storage part of the center console and maybe attempt something to light up the cupholders themselves since its such a dark pit at night time.

Edit: Link to lights- https://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
I assume USDM ? I will let you guys know if my Canadian 2018 has it (sport)

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Probably a dumb question, but any way to extend the range of that light? It only lights up the rear of the pocket; it would be nice if the range of light extended to the front of the pocket as well... I know a brighter bulb isn't the answer so I assume some sort of modification to the housing?

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Is the wireless charger an optional kit or it comes standard in some versions?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
According to Honda's website, all hatchback trims have the LED pocket light. The website has been wrong before. After a year and a half, their website still shows the HR-V's climate control panel under the Ridgeline section. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination (08E16-TBA-110 / 08E16-TEA-110A) takes over white light above wireless charger? Untitled

Is the wireless charger an optional kit or it comes standard in some versions?
The wireless charger is optional for all US hatchback trims and the Canadian LX and Sport hatchback. It is standard on the Canadian Sport Touring hatchback.
Sponsored