Console Illumination (08E16-TBA-110 / 08E16-TEA-110A) takes over white light above wireless charger?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
So I had my dealership installed the console illumination kit in my hatchback.

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination (08E16-TBA-110 / 08E16-TEA-110A) takes over white light above wireless charger? 3586

Honda Civic 10th gen Console Illumination (08E16-TBA-110 / 08E16-TEA-110A) takes over white light above wireless charger? 36712

Before leaving the dealership I checked the status of other lights in the cabin / dash / console to make sure they still work.

So before I took my car in, there was a soft white light that would shine inside / above the wireless charging mat area. This is the empty "storage" space in front of the shifter and above the front USB / 12V power outlet.

After the dealer installed the console illumination kit, this light doesn't turn on. I asked them about it and they said it no longer works once the console illumination kit is installed.

Can anyone verify this?

Last edited:

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
They're wrong. Unless it's different for the hatch, which seems unlikely. I installed the kit myself in my sedan and my center pocket light still works. In fact, I posted a DIY here on how to change the light to blue because I didn't like how the white didn't match the blue from the overhead light, console illumination kit, and footwell light kit in my car.

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I got the ambient lighting kit (footwell lighting), console illumination and illuminated sills installed.

I thought the ambient / footwell lighting and console illumination would dim / brighten when turning that knob (on the instrument panel) that dims / brightens all the lighting on the instrument panel?

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yeah they were mistaken. I brought it back this morning and they fixed it.
I haven't installed my kits yet, but I'm glad to hear that the cubby light will still work. Folks can always put in a colored film gel to match the console lighting.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got the ambient lighting kit (footwell lighting), console illumination and illuminated sills installed.

I thought the ambient / footwell lighting and console illumination would dim / brighten when turning that knob (on the instrument panel) that dims / brightens all the lighting on the instrument panel?
My dash adjustment didn't work the other day. I think you have to have your lights on or it needs to be dark outside, I'm not sure. Or I'm just full of it. But then it started working. I forget what I was doing wrong.

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Yeah my footwell and console lighting don't appear to dim or brighten with the dash and instrument panel.

They stay the same brightness...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
My footwell lights do dim when I turn the dash brightness down. I found that getting them as dim as I wanted made the dash lights too dim, so I ended up putting some tint over the footwell bulbs instead.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I haven't installed my illumination kit yet, but I never had this white light you guys are mentioning?? Can someone take a pic of the light?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I've never had that light!

Should I take mine to the dealer to get it checked? TBH, it's not really something I need. But still...

Is it for EX models and above only? I have a Sport.

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
I've never had that light!

Should I take mine to the dealer to get it checked? TBH, it's not really something I need. But still...

Is it for EX models and above only? I have a Sport.

My wife's Sport doesn't have it either, there is a small opening there but no light. From what I can tell, there should be a light there standard across the board. I'm going to take her car for its first free oil change in a couple weeks and ask about it then.
Sponsored