Consistently throwing P0420, P0441, sometimes P04F1

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
My guess is there's are related.

I couldn't find a thread on a honda civic thread, so I hope to see if anyone else is exact these.

I do have a aFe catted dp but haven't had issues until recently.

Found this article linked to a CRV forum:
https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/p0441-p04f1-honda-tsb-21-081.225474/

Where the fix is installing a subcord due to interference -- no mention of 10th get civics.

16 Touring has 202XXX miles, and everyone online is pointing the finger and the purge vale, or charol cataster, vacuum lines, or even fuel lid o-ring.

I've also noticed poor feul economy.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Suggestions on how I should go about diag?

EVAP diag sucks. I'm almost ready to throw parts at it -- even tho I know better.

P.S. it's intermittent

Much appreciated
Sponsored

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring Sedan (automatic)
Country flag
My guess is there's are related.

I couldn't find a thread on a honda civic thread, so I hope to see if anyone else is exact these.

I do have a aFe catted dp but haven't had issues until recently.

Found this article linked to a CRV forum:
https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/p0441-p04f1-honda-tsb-21-081.225474/

Where the fix is installing a subcord due to interference -- no mention of 10th get civics.

16 Touring has 202XXX miles, and everyone online is pointing the finger and the purge vale, or charol cataster, vacuum lines, or even fuel lid o-ring.

I've also noticed poor feul economy.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Suggestions on how I should go about diag?

EVAP diag sucks. I'm almost ready to throw parts at it -- even tho I know better.

P.S. it's intermittent

Much appreciated
i have been having a hell of a time with my 2019 Civic Touring Sedan (1.5 L). Took it to Honda service center twice this past month (March). & Unfortunately, iā€™m about to be taking it back in again, very soon..
Last Tuesday (03/28) they replaced my Purge Flow Valve ($333.42) after supposedly just finding the codes P04F1, & P0441 (my ā€œEmissions System Problemā€ & ā€œEngine System Problemā€ check-engine lights/warnings had came back on again).
Still have horrible fuel economy & all the other same issues & complaints (minus the check engine light. But, give it maybe a weekšŸ˜…) back down to ā€œ70% Oil Lifeā€ā€” same as the last time.. Service Manager fed me a bunch of bs..

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
i have been having a hell of a time with my 2019 Civic Touring Sedan (1.5 L). Took it to Honda service center twice this past month (March). & Unfortunately, iā€™m about to be taking it back in again, very soon..
Last Tuesday (03/28) they replaced my Purge Flow Valve ($333.42) after supposedly just finding the codes P04F1, & P0441 (my ā€œEmissions System Problemā€ & ā€œEngine System Problemā€ check-engine lights/warnings had came back on again).
Still have horrible fuel economy & all the other same issues & complaints (minus the check engine light. But, give it maybe a weekšŸ˜…) back down to ā€œ70% Oil Lifeā€ā€” same as the last time.. Service Manager fed me a bunch of bs..
Dude u dropped $333.42? That part is like $60 from the parts counter, And an easy r&R

My at home diag showed my Purge flow valve to be operational - leading me to the charcoal canister or a break in the lines

Will update thread after findings

jjohn76

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Just went through this. My wife's car, didn't let me know until half way in it that fuel mileage was suffering. I ended up replacing the purge valve to fix my problem. I got a new a scanner with bi-directional control (Think Diag) so I could actuate the purge valve and the canister vent valve. Check to make sure your lines/valve/vent/fuel filler inlet can hold vacuum. When my system held vacuum, and the purge valve passed a static test (0% duty cycle/100% duty cycle) I replaced the purge valve. For some reason beyond me, the Civic pulses the purge valve,. somewhere between 0% and 100%. When I was driving and recording live data, the evap system would pulse the valve @ 20-80% with no change in canister vacuum. The vent stays open while driving, so it seems like Honda uses that to meter vented air? Anyways, once I swapped the purge valve, all was well again.
Sponsored