Considering trading my '17 Si for a '19 Si...

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go for it. YOLO
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
19k miles is still a new car... You're paying thousands of dollars for a new color and a volume knob? Ridiculous idea TBH. Get a wrap and call it a day.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Wow, 19k miles. On my car the engine didn't finish breaking in and sounding good until I had 40k on it.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It be worth it if the Si came in that sonic grey or "chalk" like the germans call it

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah not a good idea at all. Shelling out more for exactly the same car except with a volume knob and a 9 in the model year instead of a 7. Not at all worth it imo. I'd rather put in that money on some more cool mods instead.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
You guys talked me into not trading, though I made the assumption that I wouldn't really be paying anything additional, just stretching my payments out another year and a half...

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
You guys talked me into not trading, though I made the assumption that I wouldn't really be paying anything additional, just stretching my payments out another year and a half...
Based on this statement, I'd suggest instead of trading you should spend some money and take a math class again. This will likely save you LOTS of money in a long run

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
aighead said: ↑
Based on this statement, I'd suggest instead of trading you should spend some money and take a math class again. This will likely save you LOTS of money in a long run
:thumbsup:

So, arbitrarily if you current payment was $300/mo. 300/mo x 18mo (additional) = $5400. That's a lot to pay for a radio knob and maybe a paint color.. and last I checked, $5400 more was actually spending more money.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I don't mean to be rude but you need to go buy a book about personal finance and don't set foot in another car dealership until you've read it cover to cover.

natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
Not a bad idea...
Not a horrible idea as long as your not going negative on your loan. If you could score a deal on a new SI that is, I wouldn’t pay sticker. All depends on your financial situation at the end of the day.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Use the money on a wrap instead. But a new 2019 head unit with volume knob and let us know If it swaps cleanly into the 17.

Yolo.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
:thumbsup:

So, arbitrarily if you current payment was $300/mo. 300/mo x 18mo (additional) = $5400. That's a lot to pay for a radio knob and maybe a paint color.. and last I checked, $5400 more was actually spending more money.
My math was based on- I am paying a car payment now, and would continue paying a car payment for an additional 18 months or whatever it is (yes even if it's inflated over the difference between what they'd buy my current car for and the price of a '19).

Edit- I removed my comment of me being sensitive and firing back at strangers on a forum...

Maybe it's just the tone of text but I've bought a few things in life and understand money relatively well. I knew if I were to do this it would be an additional cost but in a way I was ok with, via just an extension of the loan, and yes, I realize the negative equity part as well. @racer , this comment was not pointed at you, your comment is useful.

Last edited:

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I sought out a leftover 18 in lieu of a 19 simply for the savings. And I bought exactly what I wanted- color and all
Sponsored