Considering trading my '17 Si for a '19 Si...

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Now that the 2020 Si has been announced, that might be worth upgrading to depending on your finances. Personally I would mod my car and make it unique
Sponsored

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
So I'm thinking about trading my '17 Si, which I have tuned and I'm very happy with, for a '19 or eventually '20 Si. Anyone done this? I can only think of a few benefits of doing so, namely a color I like better than white and a volume knob, oh and a refresh of miles (I broke 19k on the way to work today). Are there other benefits I'm unaware of on a new one? Does my Ktuner work on a new one? I think there is the unlocking it from the ECU part that I kind of understand but is there other stuff I'm not thinking of?
Hold out for a 2020.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
i traded in my 2017 si for a 2019 si. but i had very little negative equity.

the volume knob and physical fan speed controls were very worth it for me. i know some ppl dont care but about those things but thats what i prefer.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
The '20 upgrades are pretty minor, I think it would still be a fantastic waste of money to do that trade-in. In another 2 years we'll likely have the next gen Si to consider, not to mention other competitors in the segment.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I traded my 17 Scatpack Charger in January and had my choice of a 19 or leftover 18 Si. For them being fundamentally identical, the cost savings (along with the very generous trade offer), I went with the most financially sound decision..... my brand new Si costs me $240/mo

Kenton199

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I traded my 17 Scatpack Charger in January and had my choice of a 19 or leftover 18 Si. For them being fundamentally identical, the cost savings (along with the very generous trade offer), I went with the most financially sound decision..... my brand new Si costs me $240/mo
How's your experience going from a Scatpack to an Si?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
From someone that’s traded cars too many times to count, I don’t think it’s worth it here. Not for the same car but newer even though at 19k you are driving a beater.
You think 19k is a lot of miles? That’s barely broken in. You think you’re driving a Lamborghini? I’ll take this car across the country multiple times in the next two years, no problem.

Last edited:

Maplestory

First Name
Kt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan crystal black pearl
Might as well trade it for the 2020 for the headlights lol. but seriously no dont do it. save the money

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You think 19k is a lot of miles? That’s barely broken in. You think you’re driving a Lamborghini? I’ll take this car across the country multiple times in the next two years, no problem.
haha! That was a joke!

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
How's your experience going from a Scatpack to an Si?
I was looking at the Si before I bought the Charger. At the time, I didn’t realize that the Chargers were that heavily discounted and I went for it. I was seriously searching for an Si and I stumbled across the SP.

The SP is a fantastic car, in every way. Size, power, comfort, performance, braking, handling, seats... after having owned it for a year, I found myself paying for a car (and insurance/fuel) that I rarely drove. If i was going to work, it was raining, I was running around- I wouldn’t drive it and I’d take the beater.

Then I found my Si as a leftover and that, too, was discounted very nicely. The dealer gave me more than I wanted for the SP so that sealed the deal for me. I rolled the equity into the Si and find myself paying less than half for the Si (payment, fuel, insurance) and I’m driving it much more.

I’d say I unloaded it at the right time- with the Dodge $10/hp promotion going on and the widebody being released.

Next car may very well be a Hellcat though
Sponsored