Considering trading my '17 Si for a '19 Si...

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
So I'm thinking about trading my '17 Si, which I have tuned and I'm very happy with, for a '19 or eventually '20 Si. Anyone done this? I can only think of a few benefits of doing so, namely a color I like better than white and a volume knob, oh and a refresh of miles (I broke 19k on the way to work today). Are there other benefits I'm unaware of on a new one? Does my Ktuner work on a new one? I think there is the unlocking it from the ECU part that I kind of understand but is there other stuff I'm not thinking of?
Sponsored

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Considering trading my '17 Si for a '19 Si... giphy

In all seriousness. It would be a bit of a waste of money to do this but if it's worth it to you then it's really up to you. Like you said except for the color and very minor features there won't be any difference at all. KTuner will work the same also, you would just need to unlock it from your 2017 and then lock it to your 2019.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I kind of feel similarly to "But why?" But muh volume knob... For real though, I guess there'd be an option to trading up to a CTR but I don't think I want a payment that large. They had one at my local dealer marked up to 50k also, which is BS.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you’ve already paid off the car then why not? You could essentially trade in and put all that money into the new Si, though I’m sure you’d have to pay a few extra thousand $$ to completely purchase the new car.

If you haven’t paid off the car yet then no... not sure why you would do that and don’t think it should be recommended, but obviously it’s up to you.

I mean if the lack of a volume knob is that big of an issue, why not just get a new head unit that has one? Hell of a lot cheaper than trading in your car for a 19 version.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I would just wait for the next generation Si. Those should be even greater. Really, I can’t see any additional benefits with the 2019, unless a different body colour is that important. And the addition of a cheap superfluous volume button should not enter a buying decision. But then I think the head unit and cup holders are the lowest considerations when looking at a performance car

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't take the negative equity....the new rdx sh awd is 6 cylinder turbo tho

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Seriously bro put down the drink, they’re the same exact car and the one you have is only a couple of years old. If you like giving away money I can send you my Venmo.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From someone that’s traded cars too many times to count, I don’t think it’s worth it here. Not for the same car but newer even though at 19k you are driving a beater.

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would agree with head unit is cheaper to gain volume knob. Don't know if your car is paid off, but if it is, why not enjoy the no car note for years to come?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I seriously would NOT upgrade from a 17 to 19, they're really the same car and you literally would be wasting your money. Enjoy the car for 5 years and buy another sporty manual in 2022.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So I'm thinking about trading my '17 Si, which I have tuned and I'm very happy with, for a '19 or eventually '20 Si. Anyone done this? I can only think of a few benefits of doing so, namely a color I like better than white and a volume knob, oh and a refresh of miles (I broke 19k on the way to work today). Are there other benefits I'm unaware of on a new one? Does my Ktuner work on a new one? I think there is the unlocking it from the ECU part that I kind of understand but is there other stuff I'm not thinking of?
if you want a different color i would suggest that you spend the money you would have lost on a trade in and get the car WRAPPED in the color you would like, this would only cost you 1k-2k not totally sure how much a wrap would cost these days.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you want a different color i would suggest that you spend the money you would have lost on a trade in and get the car WRAPPED in the color you would like, this would only cost you 1k-2k not totally sure how much a wrap would cost these days.
Not a bad idea...
Sponsored