Considering the Sport Touring HB

jeeva86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Acura TL-S 6MT
Country flag
Hey all, new member here considering a 2nd car as a backup to my TL-S. I don't drive much in the first place, but would like a backup because the TL runs into issues at times and I like to DIY it so may take longer to get back on the road. I want to stick to the Honda fam and would like something a bit smaller so that I can park both inside my garage. The HB length is the right fit, not an inch more!

So I reached the 10th gen a lot and the major items I found were:

- oil dilution - somewhat "fixed" via the recall to tune the ECM to warm up faster etc.
- this fix was applied from the factory for 2019+ models
- hardware buttons on navi introduced in 2019
- facelift in 2020

Ideally, I'd want the 2019 model as it would've depreciated a good chunk and it has the two items addressed above. But I came across a 2017 with a good price tag, so my question to the community is, should this oil dilution problem worry me because the previous driver may have not changed the oil as frequently etc.?

And just for fun, I may be sell it in 2-3y out of boredom so hence why I'm reluctant to get the 2020 as it still needs to depreciate more. Plus with the covid year, many cars have been idle so their mileage is low and thus, demanding a high price tag. I'm located in Canada btw. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Get whatever you can find that's cheapest. They all have the 1.5T and will all struggle with oil dilution to some degree or another, ECM fix or not. Just make sure when you drive it you let it fully warm up and give it a good run to burn off those vapors.

Some people complain about the lack of buttons on the head unit, I frankly don't care. Same with the A/C controls. I've never had an issue with anything.

I do like the facelifted look of the 2020s but that's hardly worth paying several thousand more for. You can buy the grille inserts to change to the 2020 style if you want to. Same with the rear "vents" and diffuser. It'll only be easier to find as time goes on.
Sponsored